Makoto x Reader - Surprise

You had been thrown off schedule since the time you woke up this Sunday morning. You scurried around to get dressed and ready for your expected date. Since then you've been hearing bad news. Well, maybe it wasn't that bad.

Your younger brother, who had only been at least 4 or 5 years of age thought it would be just fine if he had taken your phone to play a few games. He ended up losing it in the house somewhere. You needed that phone to contact your date, Makoto, for communication of course.

An alternative you thought up of was also missing. You thought maybe you could message Makoto via email or so. You searched for your laptop just to remember your sister needed it to study with. She brought it with her to the library.

You seeped into your bedding and wanted to cry, it was Makoto's birthday and you wanted to at least spend the day with him. You were going to surprise him but you were sure he had other plans. You just needed to know where he was at least in order to be with him. You thought for a while and decided that you would just go to his house. You sat up, ready to go when you heard your mother call you.

"Honey, we're leaving!" her voice was distant. "Watch your brother, okay?"

"Mom!?" you scurried to the front door of your house. "Where are you guys going!?"

"Oh, your father and I have a date today." she winked at you. "I'm sorry, but you have to babysit your brother."

"But mom!" you complained. "I want to see Makoto!! It's his birthday today!"

"Is it? Happy Birthday to him!"

"Mom! I need to see him!" You pulled on her shirt.

"I'm sure he wants to see you too! But honey, I have to leave now alright? Your father's waiting."

"Mom, no please don't go!" she left the house and shut the door quietly as you fell to your knees.

"Onee-chan. It's alright onee-chan." you little brother patted your back.

"What do I do..?" You pretended to cry on your little brother's shoulder. "Hmmm, what do I do?"

"Onee-chan!" he squeaked. "You're. Squeezing. Too. Tight!"

"Oh.. Am I?" you loosened your arms. "I'm just so sad.." you pretended to cry harder.

"Nee-chan.." he stroked your head.

"My little brother is the best." you sniffed.

"I'm the best!" he giggled.

You suddenly released your arms and tickled his sides. "You are the best! You're the best at cheering Onee-chan up!"

"Hey! Not fair!" he said in between laughs. He tried to fight back but he was still too small. "Onee-chan! Stop! I'm too ticklish!"

"Oh! But this is what you get for losing my phone!" You kept tickling him until you heard a knock on the door. "Who's here?"

"Oh!" your brother gasped and scurried away.

"Hey! Where are you going!?" you were going to go after him but the knocking continued. "I'm coming!"

You opened the door and saw Makoto. "Surprise!"

"M-Makoto?"

"I don't know what else to say!" he blushed as he rubbed the back of his head. "But surprise, _______!"

"What are you doing here!?" You walked up to him.

"I'm here to surprise you!" He picked you up in a hug and twirled you around.

"Put me down!" you held onto him tightly.

"You don't want to be put down!" he squeezed you. "I missed you."

"Idiot, I saw you on Friday!"

"I still miss you! Can I come in?"

"Sure, let me down now."

"Okay!" he set you back on the floor and followed you into your home. "I brought this cake for us." He showed you.

"You mean for you?" you chuckled.

"No! For us! Even your brother. Where is he?"

"Right here!" he leaped onto Makoto's back. "Mako-chan! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you!" He carried your bother on his back.

"Oh! I didn't say it yet! But Happy Birthday, Makoto!" you smiled at him.

"Thank you." He smiled back.

"But what are you doing here anyways? Didn't you have plans with Haru and the others?"

"No.. not yet. I wanted to surprise you first."

"Me? But why?"

"I don't want to celebrate me today, _______. I also want to celebrate you."

"But that's why it's your birthday! Makoto's birthday! Not _______'s birthday!"

"If I hadn't been born.. I wouldn't have been able to meet you, _______." He stared deep into your eyes.

"Awwwwww!" your brother exclaimed from Makoto's back. "Onee-chan! I think Makoto loves you!"

"Be quiet!" you snapped with red all over your face.

"Hey! I think you should leave us alone," Makoto whispered into your brother's ear.

"I know, Mako-chan. Please put me down first." he whispered back.

"Oh, of course!" he kneeled down and your brother hopped off to his room. "Bye bye!"

"He's adorable." Makoto laughed as he watched him.

"Not as adorable as you." you hugged Makoto around the waist. "Thank you for surprising me.." you leaned against his chest.

"You deserve it.." He wrapped his arms around you as well. "Thank you for always being here with me. You've done so much for me. And today.. I wanted to ask you something.."

"What is it?" you backed up to look into his eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He cheekily smiled as he said this.

"Yes, I will!" you took your arms up to wrap them around his neck. "I've been waiting for this, Makoto.." you laughed a little.

"I'm sorry, I've been busy, but now I'm ready, to be called _______'s boyfriend."

"Good, because that sounds right. And Makoto, Happy Birthday, again!

--I'm sorry, this is kind of all over ;~; It sounded a lot better in my head. Its okay, I guess but anyway Happy Birthday Makoto! I hope I'm not late! And I know, it has the same title as my Armin birthday fic but whatever it's different!