Sousuke x Reader - Here

"I can't swim anymore.." His voice was sullen in the quiet halls of the hospital.

Your heart plummeted to the bottom of your stomach as you released a sharp gasp and could only look at him in pain. "Sousuke.." You wanted to comfort him as much as you could but you didn't know how to approach it.

"Don't worry about me.. I'll walk you home.." he passed you and made it for the exit of the building.

You quietly trailed behind the tall male. You knew how much swimming meant to him and how hard he worked to be where he was now. You supported him all the way and you wouldn't stop now.

"Everything's going to be okay, Souskue.." You went beside him and slid your hand into his and gripped it as tight as you could. "You'll be okay.." You looked at him with tears at the end of your eyes.

"Idiot.." He paused in his tracks. "You don't have to cry.." His thumb gently grazed your tears away and he smiled at your streaming face. "If it's going to be okay, then you don't have to cry.." He put a hand on your head and gave you a teasing ruffle to your hair.

You couldn't help but exert a smile to him as you grabbed his hand from the top of you head and continued to lead the way back to your house.

It had been weeks since then and Sousuke has been undergoing a lot of therapy to help his shoulder heal. He tried not to make it obvious to you but you could tell how miserable he was being unable to practice with the rest of his team. Even if he stayed for practice, he was always just observing and you knew that wouldn't do him good.

"Sousuke.." You matched his steps with yours as the two of you walked side by side.

"What is it?" He turned to you.

"How's your shoulder?"

"It's getting better." He smiled just a little.

"That's good.." You didn't know what to say to cheer him up. You really wanted him to be happy but you knew that he was hurting.

The two of you continued to walk in silence, listening to the air around you mixed in with your footsteps.

"Hey Sousuke.. Can I stay over at your place tonight?"

"Huh?" His brows furrowed as he gave you a look. Even you were surprised at your words.

"I-I said, can I stay at your place..?" You gulped.

"I guess you could...." He was also clearly surprised but you were glad he said yes.

"Welcome to my home.." He opened the door and you went in.

You were greeted by his parents and you made your way to the living room. The two of you made up a story to his parents as to why you were staying over and of course it was about studying. You both went into the living room and took out your school work.

"I'm going to call my parents, Sousuke." You turned and dialed up a number.

"Hey mom.." You nervously greeted. "I'm staying at a friend's house tonight.. I forgot I had a project due tomorrow.. What?! But it's like a big part of my grade!!" You made a face as Sousuke just laughed at your cute expressions.

"Oh.. I know, I know but.. Mom.. Her name...?" You looked at him and swallowed hard. "Her name is.." you mumbled out a name and continued to persuade your mom to let you stay over. It took you a while to finally have your mom agree and you were able to stay over.

"That took forever.." you put your head down on the table and sighed in relief.

"Next time you should ask beforehand.." Sousuke scoffed teasingly.