Rei x Reader - Neighbors

It was another day of school. You woke up and went to get ready. As you did you heard your phone buzzing. You went to it and saw your neighbor's name on it, Rei Ryugazaki.

"Hello?"

"Oh, _______?"

"Yeah, what is it."

"You're still at home right?"

"Yep."

"Would you mind getting my duffel bag for me then? I forgot about it. It has all my things in it for swimming.."

"Oh, yeah, I'll get it for you Rei!"

"Okay, thanks! I'll see you at school!" He hung up and you went back to getting ready for school.

You went to Rei's house and knocked on the door and Rei's mom let you in. "I'm here to get Rei's duffel bag. He forgot about it."

"Go right ahead, _______. Thanks for being there for my son."

"Oh, no it's nothing." You shyly smiled as you headed to Rei's room.

You opened his door and saw it next to his bed. His room was neat and tidy. You quickly grabbed his bag and left his room.

"Thanks again, _______! Please watch over my son." His mom waved and gave a smile as you were leaving their home.

"Of course, who else will?" you called to her and returned the gesture.

You didn't get the chance to see
him at all today and by the end of the day you had forgotten that you still had his bag.

Your backpack began to buzz just as you were about to leave school with Rei's bag hanging on one shoulder. You quickly searched your bag and answered your phone.

"Hello?"

"_______, I need my bag, practice is starting soon!"

"Oh yeah! I forgot! Sorry, I'll be right there!" You closed your phone and turned back to go to the pool area.

Rei wanted you to give it to him in the locker room so you went there. The door was slightly opened but you still didn't want to enter. You knocked on the door.

"Is that you, _______?" It was Rei's voice.

"Yeah, I have your bag." you answered.

"Come in, it's fine."

You hesitated as you grabbed the handle and pulled the door open. Rei was sitting on a bench.

You froze in place because Rei didn't have a shirt on. He only had his uniform pants on. He began walking towards you. "Thanks." he said as he took his bag from you.

"No problem." you blushed and looked away hoping he wouldn't notice.

"I'm just going to change really quick okay?"

"Mm-hmm..." you were still shocked. You knew Rei since he was your neighbor and all. You didn't expect him being shirtless to have this much of an effect on you.

"Uhm, Rei... I think I'll be on my way then.." you said quietly.

"Wait!" you heard quick shuffling of clothes and the curtain opened. You saw Rei again, still shirtless and now he had his swimsuit on. You quickly turned away.

Rei walked toward you and put a hand on your shoulder. Trying not to trail your gaze up his body you looked up at his smiling face. "Thank you for bringing my bag."

"You're welcome.." you croaked.

It fell silent with the two of you standing there. Rei looked away and seemed like he was thinking of something.

"R-Rei...?" he didn't answer.

"_______.." he sighed. "I honestly don't know how else to say this.. but.." he paused as he looked into your eyes. You swallowed and prepared yourself for what he was going to say. But instead of saying anything, he lowered his face in front of yours and placed his lips onto your cheek.

You flushed red and tried to back away but you couldn't, you didn't want to. He pulled away and now his face was flushed.

"I-I... I like you, _______."

You didn't know how to answer back to him. It felt like forever as the two of you stood there. You finally stepped in and hugged him, "Rei, I like you too." You squeezed your eyes shut as you rested against his chest.

He smiled and stroked your hair, "I'm glad you do, I've been waiting to tell you forever, _______.."

"I've been waiting forever," you grabbed his cheeks and kissed his nose. "Now go get to practice, Nagisa is peeping behind the door." you winked.

"N-Nagisa!?" he turned to the door but no one was there.

"Just kidding, just go now!" you backed up from him.

"Alright, alright, I'll see you later then, _______." You watched as he left to go to the pool and you left to go home yourself.

-- so this was in my notes since the first Rei one shot was written so here, let me just casually leave this here...