chapter 4

While walking to whiterun, I start to think about how long it would take to get there. I consider all the factors and assume it should take about an hour if I stay on track and nothing gets in my way. I then decide to become lost in my thoughts. I have walked for about thirty minutes, deep in thought with the greenery passing me. I am pulled quickly out of thought when a deer rushes past me almost running me over. I am then face-to-face with a pack of wolves. Usually, there are not many to a wolf pack, but this one there had to be at least twenty wolves. Now we vampires many be vigorous and immortal but when we are faced with a lot of opponents, fighting by ourselves can get very tricky. Not having much time and all attacking me at once, I lift my hands, consumed in flames. I put my hands together quickly and start throwing fire at the wolves. I can kill five of the wolves before I am overpowered and knocked down by one of the wolves. The wolf that got me started to snap at me, and as I put my arm up to protect myself, it latches onto my arm. I quickly throw the beast off of me then jump up with a pissed attitude. I turn into my vampire form. The way turns my skin teal, shapes my ears to a point, my fingers and toes become long talons, my face changes that similar to an orc, and half wings sprout out of my back. I then start to rip apart each wolf one by one throwing body pieces here and there. Once there are no more, I stand still, breathing hard. Once I catch my breath, I slowly turn back into my human form. "Well, that takes care of that. Fucking mongrels." I say, exasperated, as I kick a piece of wolf out of my path.

I continue to walk till I reach some farms being overshadowed by a large keep. "Argh!" I hear to my right as a group of people, warriors I presumed, fight a giant. I react quickly, pulling out my bow and setting an arrow in the draw sting. Pulling back, I aim and release the arrow. It travels through the air till it hits the giant square in the forehead, killing the monstrosity. A woman then walks up to me. She is a nord with long reddish hair, sharp features, and grayish eyes. She has three green marks going from the top of one end of her face to the bottom of the other and is wearing ancient nord armor. "Thanks for the support. We could use more like you in the companions," she says.

"You're welcome... I am Celeste... who are the companions and while we are at it, who are you?" I say utterly confused.

"We are a group of hunters and fighters. I am Aela the Huntress," she states with her chest puffed out.

"Oh...ok. Who would I have to speak with to join your group?" I ask.

"Kodlak Whitemane up at Jorrvaskr," Aela states.

"I will think about it, but for now I must see the Jarl," I say as I am back away slowly before she decides to attack me or something of the sort.

I turn away from her and the other two present and start walking down the road. I pass by some more farms followed by a steeper road as I am walking towards a carriage and a barn. I mentally note the transport just in case it comes in handy later. I keep going until I pass through a stone entrance which leads to guard posts, hills and a drawbridge type thing that are also surrounded by stone. I then come upon a door with two guards standing on each side. The guard to the left of me walks up to me and says, "Halt! No one is allowed in Whiterun with the dragons about; Official business only."

"I am here on behalf of Riverwood, and I have news of Helgen," I quickly say back at him.

"Oh, you better go on in; The Jarl will want to speak to you," he replied.

I smirk at him, knowing I would have already had access whether he liked it or not. The guard then turns to unlock the gate so I may enter.