Prologue

Due to the popularity of my oneshot "Fix You." on my Suicide Squad Oneshots book, here is a full length fic based on it. So, join me on the journey to fixing Chato Santana.

×××

Ever since you've been working in the asylum, the one they called Diablo always caught your attention. He was kinda hard not to pay attention to, because of all his amazing tattoos.

They told you he could light things on fire, and that he was the most dangerous person here. Rick Flagg even told you what happened to him. His family. His past. It broke your heart. You had to go talk to him.

So, the next day, you grabbed your food and made your way to his cell. The hallways were eerie, with flickering lights and the memories of the horrible things they did to people here. You only worked here because there was nothing else. You needed the money.

You reached his cell and peeked through the small window. He was sitting cross legged on the ground, his head low. He looked as if he was reflecting on something awful. Which he probably was, considering his past.

You punched the access code into the panel at the side. The large metal slid open slowly, the sound echoed through the asylum.

Diablo lifted his head and looked at you.

"You know you can just slide food through the door, right?" He asked, "You dont have to open it."

"I know..." you said, sitting across from him, "But, I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" Diablo questioned.

"You." You stated, "You seem interesting. I'd like to know more about you, if you don't mind."

Diablo stared at you in slight confusion. He cleared his throat and shifted his weight.

"Alright." He said hesitantly. You smiled, and he couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"My real name is Chato Santana." He said, "I'm the most dangerous person here. I'm a monster..." he looked at the ceiling, then back to you.

"Why do you care so much?" He asked. His voice sounded pained. "Who are you, anyway?"

You had to think about the first question. Why did you care about him? Your connection to him was almost magnetic. It was strange.

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." You said, "And, well, I'm not sure why I care so much. This might sound insane, but I felt a strong connection to you.

Chato stared at you, a look of both confusion and amazement across his tattooed features.

"That's funny..." he said, getting closer to you, "I did, too. It felt like, maybe we were meant to do something together."

You nodded in agreement, and reached out to take his hand. He quickly pulled it away. You raised and eyebrow at him. He looked at you with fear in his dark eyes.

"I-I don't want to hurt you." He said. You sighed and smiled. This guy was such a sweetheart.

"You're not going to hurt me." You said, grabbing his hand again. Chato flinched and tried to pull away again, but you were keeping a grip on him.

"See?" You said, "Nothing to be afraid of."

Chato looked at his hand, then back to you. He smiled. Amazement was in his eyes. He wasn't hurting you. He placed his palm on top of yours.

"Wow..." he said, "I'd almost forgotten what another person's skin felt like."

You smiled and ran your hand ap his forearms.

"What do we do now?" He asked.

"I'm going to fix you." You said.