2. Harley

You woke up the next morning. Your phone buzzed. It was Rick, making sure you were awake and asking you if you wanted to grab breakfast together. You declined, since you had other plans.

You changed out of your pajamas into a tank top and your favorite jeans. You threw your army jacket over it all and headed out the dorm rooms.

You walked down the hallways to Harley's cell. You were going to find out exactly what she meant by what she said the previous day.

Sure enough, Harley sat, reading one of those trashy romance novels she loved so much. You walked up to her and crossed your arms.

"Ok, Harley. I need to talk to you." You said. Harley looked up at you and smiled.

"Came to learn more, huh?" She raised a brow. You rolled you eyes and took a step closer to the cage.

"Exactly, what did you mean by what you said yesterday?" You asked. Harley grinned.

"You did come to ask me about it." She smiled, "I knew you would."

"Just get on with it." You said impatiently. Harley pit her hands up in defense.

"Ok, ok." She said, "What I meant by it is that he needs someone. He's broken. You are just the person I always thought he needed to maybe see himself as something more than a monster."

You thought about that. She was right, something told you. The nagging feeling that you were connected somehow wouldn't go away. It was strange.

"So, I think that you should help him." Harley stated, seemingly proud of herself. You nodded.

"And I will." You said. Harley clapped.

"I knew it! The voices told me so!" She said gleefully. You stared at her.

"Voices? Oh, that's right, your crazy." You said. Harley shrugged.

"The best people are."

×××

It was a few days before you could see Chato again. Rick had scheduled regular meetings for him and you. You were surprised that Rick was as supportive as he was in this situation. Not that you were complaining.

Today, like every other day, Rick walked with you down to Chato's cell.

"Go get 'em, sweetie." He would say as he opened the door for you. You playfully hit him on the shoulder as you walked past him.

Chato wasn't in the middle of the floor where he usually was. You scanned the cell, finding him sitting in a dark corner, facing the wall.

"Chato?" You asked, inching closer to him. Chato looked up at you, tears streaming down his face, his eyes red.

He immediately got up and hugged you tight against him. You were slightly taken aback, but soothingly rubbed his back, wondering what happened.

"What's wrong?" You asked quietly. Chato let out a few silent sobs before lifting his head up.

"I-I d-dreamt that y-you..." he couldn't finish his sentence, since he started crying again.

You gripped his shoulders firmly and pulled him off you.

"Tell me what you dreamt." You said. Chato looked at you. You could see the pain and fear in his eyes.

"That you died." He said quietly, "I killed you."

You stared at him, then took him into another hug.

"You would never do that. I know you wouldn't." You said. The feeling that you have known him for forever came again. You knew him and you were meant for something.

"I'm a monster. You shouldn't be around me." He said. You sighed.

"I don't know how many time I have to tell you, your not a monster." You said, "Now, I have to go. I'll see you later tonight, ok?"

Chato nodded, and pressed a quick kiss on your cheek. You blushed, and left the cell.

The door shut behind you, and you leaned against it, touching your cheek.

If this is what you thought it was, and you certainly did, it was going to be quite the adventure.