3. Task Force X

The rest of the day was pretty boring. Rick lectured you, you did a bit of training, ate some food. Nothing special.

You waited patiently until you could go see Chato again.

"(Y/N)? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Director Amanda Waller asked you. You looked at you boss and nodded.

"Yes, Ma'am?" You answered.

"Are you in an intimate relationship with one of the inmates?" She asked you, dead seriousness in her voice. You gulped.

"Uh, no." You said. You weren't lying, but you weren't exactly telling the truth either. Waller glared and looked you up and down.

"Because, if you are, you know he probably won't be around for long. We've decided that task force X is a go." She said. Task Force X... you never thought it would happen. Not that you knew much about it.

All you knew is that Rick felt that bad guys shouldn't be doing missions, and that he and his men should be taking care of it.

"Oh." You said, "When do they head out?"

"Same time you do." Waller said, "You're going with them."

"Really?" You quirked an eyebrow. Waller nodded, then walked past you.

"We head out tomorrow." She said, not bothering to turn around.

Task force X. You were so busy thinking about tomorrow, that you almost forgot the reason you came down here in the first place.

You jogged to Chato's cell and opened the door. He sat in the middle of the floor, as usual. He smiled his beautiful smile at you. You smiled back.

"Hi, Chato." You said. He nodded and pulled you.down so that you were now sitting across from him.

"Do you know what's going to happen tomorrow?" He asked you. You nodded.

"Yeah, I'm going too! I'm Flagg's second in command." You said. Chato gave a small smile at your enthusiasm.

"I am, too." He said. His face then dropped. "But I don't want to."

"What? Why?" You said, "You finally get to be out of this cell, and go into the world!"

Chato shrugged.

"The world's a cruel place." He said, "And people like me only make it worse."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. You placed your hands on his shoulders and made him look at you in the eyes.

"You'll probably be the most valuable person on the team." You said, "Just, follow orders and nothing bad will happen."

"You have very pretty eyes." Chato said, deciding to change the subject. You let go of him and sighed, rubbing your temples.

"I can't help you if you won't cooperate with me." You said. Chato muttered an apology under his breath.

A knock on the metal door interrupted the conversation. You and Chato looked out the tiny window to see Rick motioning for you to come out.

You sighed again, and got up. Chato placed a kiss on your hand, like the gentleman he is. You blushed, and said goodbye to him, before Rick opened the door and you stepped out.

You rubbed the back of your hand where Chato kissed it. Rick locked the cell, then looked at Chato, then at you, then your hand.

"(Y/N), quit daydreaming. We have a meeting to get to." He said. You forgot all about the meeting. You nodded and followed Rick through the corridors.

×××

"Alright, let's get one thing straight." Rick's voice boomed thought the room, "You are all to keep this secret. Don't even talk your Mama 'bout it."

You and the rest of the troops nodded. This was Rick's usual pre mission meeting, where be basically screams at you what not to do.

"Task force X is a military operation, and if any of these criminals disobey, no matter how much you like them," Rick turned to you, "They will get killed."

You nodded.

Rick shouted for a few more minutes, before dismissing you to the dorms. You got you yours, flopping in the bed.

This task force X thing was going to be interesting. Nothing like you've ever dealt with before, and that's saying something.

You decided the best thing to to was get a good night's sleep and deal with it in the morning.