4. Why is Everyone so Stupid?

You woke up the next morning to your usual text from Rick. He told you you needed to meet him outside.

So, you got dressed, grabbed a cinnamon roll from the mess hall and made your way outside.

It was quite sunny outside. A very nice day. Too bad you had to go on a mission.

You spotted Rick at one end of the yard, standing next to a round, metal thing with a door.

Two hoses were being sprayed inside it. You were curious to what they were doing, and began to walk over to it.

Rick stopped you once you got about ten feet from the metal thing.

"(Y/N), I need you to go help the others get the rest of the inmates." He told you, his arms crossed.

You nodded, and tried to walk around him, bit he stepped in front of you again.

"Rick..." you raised an eyebrow, "Why won't you let me over there?"

Rick looked at the ground, avoiding all eye contact. He shifted his weight, then looked back up at you.

"B-because you need to go help them get Harley situated." He said, clearly trying not to stutter, but ultimately failing.

You crossed your arms and raised an eyebrow. This guy couldn't be serious. You began to walk past him, but Rick grabbed your arm.

You pushed him off you and glared.

"WHAT are you doing?" You asked. Rick pointed to where they had Harley strapped up, not saying a word.

You looked over at the metal container, water gushing out of the cracks, before turning and walking to where Harley was.

You kicked the rocks as you went. Rick could be such a jerk sometimes, not to mention annoying.

Harley smiled as you approached her. She lifted her strapped down hand a little bit to wave at you. You simply nodded at her, earning a confused look from her.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Harley asked, "Is your Daddy over there not letting you play with Diablo?"

You stopped dead in your tracks. You whipped around to look at her.

"What?" You asked quietly. Harley giggled and nodded her head to the large metal container.

"Ricky won't let ya play with him!" She said. Your heart sank. You ran to the metal container.

Rick saw you running and cursed under his breath. You honestly tried to run right past him, but he caught you, holding you with both his arms.

You fought to get out of his grip, kicking, trying to headbutt him, you even tried to bite him. But, his grip was too tight.

"LET ME GO, RICK!" You screamed, trying to break free and stop them from killing Chato.

Rick called over another soldier, who helped hold you back.

"HE'S GOING TO DIE OF YOU DON'T STOP." You screamed again, kicking the soldier where it hurt.

You watched as they turned the hoses off, and unlatch the door. Water spilled out on the dirt, Chato tumbling after him. Two soldiers rushed up to him, injecting something into his back.

Chato stopped struggling to get up, and just payed there, motionless. You literally wanted to kill Rick for doing that. You fought to get out of Rick's grip hardest than ever.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), calm down, he's just sleeping... He's asleep." He said, trying to calm you down. You stopped, taking deep breaths, your heart beating rapidly.

You watched them take Chato on a stretcher into a building, along with Harley and all the other inmates.

Rick let you go, and told you to follow him.

A helicopter was waiting outside the gates.

"We're gonna meet at a base just outside Gotham." He said. You nodded and followed him to the helicopter, climbing up into in after him.

"And (Y/N)," Rick said loudly over the roar of the helicopter, "Don't go getting too attached to Santana."

You sighed, and nodded. You knew it wasn't going to work out, because of the Task Force X thing.

A few more soldiers got onboard, before it took off. Everyone was joking and laughing, while you were having your doubts about this entire mission.

What was Waller planning? And why did it involve the worst villains in Gotham city? It didn't make sense. You didn't trust Waller at all.

Guess you were going to have to find out.