14: Changes

Omg I have 470 readers that is so awesome!!! In pretty sure my amazing new cover helps, thanks again SkyWhitehorse of you all like my cover check her out!

Also if you like my book you should check out hers ☝Legend of the Lost Anasazi.

I'm extremely sorry this is so short! I will definitely be adding to it but it's been so long I had to post something and I didn't wanna just rush through the chapter, so please just bear with me.

For the next three months or so Adahy went back and forth between his home and their's, in this time he and Kyla spent quite a bit of time together. But she just didn't know if she could trust another man no matter how much she liked him, and he'd made it obvious he liked her too. But she just wasnt ready to take the next step.

Adahy was teaching them several things that were definitely helping out though. Like how to hunt with a bow, how to track, and how to make their home warmer. It seemed he spent more time with them than at his own home, but they couldn't complain they liked having him around. Besides they'd been away from men so long it was nice to have one to look at.

Keeping their den warm was one of there biggest concerns now, mostly for when the baby came. So far they had covered the floor with pine needles, that they had to add to just about every week, because they got trampled down. The pine needles helped in two ways, they were softer than the ground and they kept them from having to walk on the cold dirt. They also now had hides hanging over the logs at the entrance, to block wind from coming in and heat from going out. Also since they'd been hunting with the bow they now had more furs for clothes and blankets.

Kyla's back had healed up fine and her belly had become huge, she looked as though she were about ready to pop and she kinda felt like it too. But her back hurt all the time from the extra weight and she didn't even wanna think about how painful her breast were. She couldn't see her feet, but she didn't have to because she was sure they were ready to explode. She couldn't wait for her baby to get here so she could hold her precious angel, but she was also a bit scared of something going wrong.

Wolf had grown a good bit and had become extremely smart. He now spent a great deal of the day following someone around, Mostly Moses who seemed to be his favorite. When he wasn't walking on someone's heals he was chasing after anything that moved. They were sure once he was big enough he was going to be a great hunter.

*****

Moses sat rubbing the canine teeth hanging on his shirt, Kyla sat beside him with a hand rubbing her huge belly. They were sitting in the sun watching Lily finish breakfast. Today they were going to scout for a new home, because once the baby came the den would just be to small.

After they had all eaten breakfast and the snares had been checked they went out to scout, Lily and Moses walked in one direction and Kyla and Wa-ya went in another. Kyla had planned to ride the mare but the poor thing acted as though she didn't feel very well, when everyone left walking away from the den she made no move to follow.

Kyla and the pup had been walking a while and gone a good ways when she started to feel funny, so she stopped and sat on a boulder to rest. She watched the wolf leap and bound here and there with burst of running in between, his beauty was absolutely stunning and it captivated her.

Lily and Moses had followed the river down and had now and found a cave, they were getting excited until they realized it wasn't very big . So unfortunately it wasn't going to work, so they set off again wondering if Kyla was having better luck. Lily had wanted them to all go together but Kyla had insisted on splitting up to cover more of the area.

Adahy had been hunting all morning and was now on his way back to dry the meat and make a stew. The girls had told him they were going out looking for a new place to live, but since he didn't exactly live with them he didn't really think it was appropriate to help them look.

Kyla and Wa-ya were walking again and came to a river so they stopped to drink some water. Kyla was admiring the beauty of the area when her stomach started hurting, so she pulled some dried meat from her pocket and started eating it. The meat had made her feel a bit better and they started to continued on. But suddenly Kyla doubled over clutching her stomach in pain, wolf whimpered in concern.

Kyla didn't know what was wrong with her or what to do about it. She was completely alone and she was having major stomach cramps that were getting worse and worse. What was wrong with her? The painful cramps seemed to cover in waves, so she started trying to walk back towards the den. After about fifteen minutes the pain was to much she could barely stand much less walk.

All of a sudden she felt a wetness between her legs and she knew she was in trouble, she was out here all alone, in the cold, and now the baby was trying to come. She started trembling in fear, the pup kept winning and nudging her then takeing a few steps towards home. But no matter how much she wanted to she couldn't follow, not knowing what else to do Kyla laid down. She was extremely thankful she'd decided to wear the bear coat it would keep them warm even with the gashes in the back.

Wa-ya laid down beside her and kept licking her in the face, the pain got so bad she would scream every time a wave came. Everytime she screamed Wa-ya howled, it was an incredible, mournful sound.

The sadness in his howl made her even more scared what was to become of her and her baby? Would she be able to deliver by herself, keep it warm, did she even know how to get it to nurse? She started freaking out making the pain that much worse, she wasn't ready for this. She couldn't do this alone, but she had no choice now. Why hasn't she just listened to Lily.

She knew thinking all these bad thoughts weren't helping but she just couldn't stop! With nothing else to do Kyla burst into hysterical tears, wolf started licking her face and it actually calmed her down a bit. Then she thought wait I'm not completely alone.

" Wa-ya go get Moses, go get him boy."

They had taught the pup quite on accident to go get Moses when they called him. He cocked his head at her looking confused.

"Moses Wa-ya, Moses." Then he jumped up and started running.

It made her feel sad to see him go but it gave her hope. She honestly had no idea if he would find them and be able to bring them back to her, but with no other option she out her faith in him.

Okay there's the rest of the chapter sorry it took so long, thank you for staying with me and being patient! I love you guys don't forget to comment. If you like it please hit the star in the corner to vote!