i.

PROLOGUE

"Look at what you've done." The elder witch sneered at his horrified face. "You shall pay for this heinous deed."

"I ONLY WANTED THEM SAFE!" Anger and torment raged in his blue eyes as he stood above his family. Daggers lay in each of their lifeless bodies as they found themselves forced to rest in silk lined coffins.

"No one is safe from you Klaus Mikaelson. Not now. Not ever. You kill your own mother, you dagger your siblings. What's next on Klaus Mikaelson's journey of outrage and deceit? You must be stopped."

Klaus found himself rooted to the spot in disbelief. "HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME? YOU LIED TO MY FACE, SAID YOU WOULD SAVE THEM FROM HARM!"

"I know exactly what I said Klaus Mikaelson. And save them I shall."
The elder witch took a wavering step back, her hands thrust out in front of her. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she began to chant words Klaus could not determine.

Her words became louder, harsher, fiercer. Her body began to shake as Klaus felt himself falling down on his knees.

"You, Klaus Mikaelson will suffer an incomplete, isolated life for centuries. With no family by your side and no one to love you. There will be no reverse; no spell or incantation can undo what I have set in place."

"NO! Please! I shall put right my wrongs! Please.."

The elder witch sought redemption in his eyes and found but the slightest.
"Enough! There can be but one way to break this curse." She paused, before beginning again.

"You, Klaus Mikaelson will suffer an incomplete, isolated life for centuries. With no family by your side and no one to love you. There will be but one reverse. You shall meet a girl, someone who feels the same abusive treatment you once felt, someone who feels as incomplete as you; who will render you finally complete, and capable to love once more. Then, and only then, will you be able to retrieve the cursed daggers from the hearts of your family and live in contempt."

Her eyes rolled forward once more to glare at the original vampire.
"You deserve this."

The elder witch clicked two fingers, breaking the neck of Klaus Mikaelson and binding him to his mansion for as long as her prophecy stood strong.

Deep within the ageing walls, lay a rose. Ruby red in colour, bound to the curse placed on Klaus Mikaelson; willing to wilt in symbol of his loveless end.