xiii.

Klaus took a breath. His eyes opened slowly and he groaned in pain as he tried to remember what had happened.

Gaston.

Growling, Klaus sat up hurriedly. He stopped when he felt the weight lift off his stomach and something heavy roll to the floor. Looking down, he froze.

It was Belle.

"NO!" Klaus shouted, turning her over onto her back so he could see her face. He started to recall things he had heard in death. Things she said. Her screams. Her screams.

"Why won't you die, you filthy vampire!"

Klaus' blood began to boil with rage, and he sped over to Gaston where he loomed over him; his once kind eyes turned savage, accompanied by blackened veins as deadly fangs became known. He came even closer to Gaston, who began to reel back.

Klaus laughed, "Now he's scared. The great vampire hunter, scared of a little, old, original hybrid. And do you know what that hybrid is going to do? He's going to teach you a lesson."

He laughed again, for he could hear Gaston's heart pounding in his chest, "Ah, yes, a lesson. But I think I'll answer some questions first. What's that? Why yes, I'll happily show you how I feel right now, mate, because our lesson here is..."

Gaston's eyes grew wide as Klaus ripped his heart right out of his pathetic body, "Don't ever mess with an original. Got it?"

Klaus let the heart roll off of his hand, and it landed on the floor beside its owner; but despite this, the pain Klaus felt was still unbearable. There would be no way he could ever -

He turned his head sharply when he heard a small groan behind him.

Belle was slowly sitting up, and her hazel eyes looked wary as she carefully pulled out the dagger within her chest, clenching her teeth as she did so.

"Belle!" Klaus ran to her, and picked her up in his arms. "What the bloody hell did you think you were doing, love?"

She frowned, "What?"

"Your little monologue, sweetheart, I heard it all. What the hell did you think you were doing? There was no way I would have let you kill yourself for me."

Belle ignored this. "You heard it all?"

"Oh yeah, I heard it all. And it's a real shame."

Her face fell. "W-what's a shame?"

Klaus smirked and Belle glared, hitting him on the arm.

"What's a shame?"

He weaved his arms around her waist and pulled her closer until their faces were inches apart, "That I never got to do this while you looked ever so ravishing in that gown I bought you."

Belle's frown faded as Klaus brought his lips to meet hers, and kissed her with a passion he'd been hiding away for centuries. After what seemed like an eternity, they broke away and grinned at each other as they tried to catch back their breath.

"Ahem." A male voice breached the silence, and the two whipped their heads around to the room's doors to see who it was.

Mrs Potts was stood between two men and a woman, with three daggers in her hand. The man who had spoken was dressed in a fine grey suit, which didn't crease as he took steps towards Klaus. The man by his side was dressed a little more like Klaus, and looked a lot younger, more like the womans age. The woman was absolutely beautiful. Blonde hair flowed down her back and framed her angelic features elegantly. Then, she took another step out of the shadows and Belle saw ferocity in her eyes.

"What the bloody hell did you think you were doing Klaus Mikaelson? Always and Forever my arse! You say you love us then you go and bloody dagger us for centuries and -"

She paused.

"Who the bloody hell is this?"

Klaus smirked.

"Elijah, Kol and dear, sweet Rebekah; meet Belle Jaune. Belle, meet our family."