viii.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Belle watched the sun rise above the horizon from her balcony. Birds squawked over head; robins hopped around in the pure white snow.

Footsteps behind her and a knock on the balcony door alerted her that she was not alone. Turning around, her eyes met those of a stout woman with greying hair wearing a purple Kiss The Cook apron.

"Klaus has asked for you to join him tonight for dinner, I'm here to help you get ready, dear. We need to get you looking all refreshed."

Her voice was warm and inviting and Belle loved her company all ready. Smiling gently, she allowed the woman to lead her through to her ensuite.

The ensuite led off from Belle's bedroom through a door behind a wooden decorated screen. It was white - but it wasn't at all harsh on the eyes. A large clawfooted bathtub sat in the centre, atop an equally big circular white faux rug.

The woman turned the silver taps and water gushed from them. She spent ten minutes occasionally checking the water's temperature while Belle admired the bathroom. The small woman stood up.

"The name's Mrs Potts, dear. I'll wait outside and pick out a few outfits for you to choose from."

Belle smiled and uttered her thanks. Stripping down, she dipped her foot into the bathtub before submerging herself beneath the water.

Her mind drifted to the night before. Klaus had saved her life. Glancing down at her shoulder, she couldn't help but gasp in amazement every time she saw it. It was as if she hadn't been bitten at all. Reading countless books about the supernatural had taught her that werewolf bites wouldn't affect humans as badly as vampires - and that a certain original was one of the only cures.

A knock on the door once again brought her out of her thoughts. Belle stood up and clambered clumsily out of the tub, cloaking herself and her embarrassment in a fluffy pink dressing gown.

When Belle walked back into her room, she saw that Mrs. Potts had been joined by another vampire - who was tall, slender and had a very curvaceous figure. Her short black curls framed her fair skin and heart shaped face. Mrs Potts introduced her as Cera.

"Lumiere tells me zat zis is a very special dinner?" She had a French accent too. Had Klaus sired them all from France? "Vell I 'ave picked a few dresses for you, Mademoiselle."

Mrs Potts waved her hand over the bed, where three dresses were laid.

Belle frowned at the outfit choices, "They all look so formal! What ever happened to the OK about wearing jeans for dinner?" 

Simultaneously, the two vampires shook their heads.

"It is all we 'ave here."

"Back when Master Klaus was running things, women wore dresses to almost everything. Couldn't imagine a woman wearing jeans back then! Here, try this one."

A dress was placed in her arms and Belle turned up her nose at it. Garish orange in colour with heaps and heaps of uncomfortable net under skirts? A definite no.

She skipped over the second dress because she knew that she wouldn't be caught dead in it (Victorian style, ruffles, ruffles, high neck, more ruffles) and picked up the final option, before choosing to change behind the screen.

Belle stepped out in the dress and glanced at herself in the wall-length mirror.

It was a subtle green chiffon dress; with the skirt ending just above the knee, and the sleeves ending at the wrists. One layer of a darker green underskirt gave the dress a little more volume - and a collar in the same darker green added sophistication. It was simple. It wasn't something she'd wear everyday. But she had to admit, it did flaunt her figure.