v.

CHAPTER FOUR

His voice sounded British, and surprisingly inviting despite his eyes. They glared down at Belle as she sat, afraid, on the cold ground. He was dressed in jeans and a navy Henley shirt; something Belle found modern despite his abode. The only unsuspecting accessory was the large flecks of blood splattered among his face and figure.

He reached down and grabbed her arm, yanking her up off of the floor. She yelped in pain as he dragged her through the doorway and into the foyer. He threw her down on the sofa nearest the stairs in animosity.

"Who are you?" He demanded fiercely; anger writhing within him.

"Belle Jaune. And I don't suppose I could ask you the same." Belle's voice was barely a whisper but he still managed to hear her.

"I'm Klaus Mikaelson. Torturer, murderer, vampire, werewolf, hybrid." His eyes gleamed malevolently at that last word. "And am I right to assume that it is your father I hold captive at this very moment?"

Belle roared out. "Give. Him. Back!"

Klaus smirked and tutted at her. "I hardly think so, love. Here, come with me and I'll show you exactly the state your bloody father's in." He clicked his fingers and Belle felt two pairs of strong arms grasp around each of her own. Slaves or servants of some sort.

Klaus led the way through the aged mansion; down a flight of crooked stairs and through a dimly lit corridor, to a single bolted door. The door was opened by another slave willing to do Klaus's bidding.

Maurice Jaune was strung up by his wrists, chained to the ceiling, his signature moustache barely recognisable underneath the blood. His breathing was slow and hitched, blood dripping from his wounds to unkindly greet the stone floor.

"PAPA!" Belles screams were loud enough to awaken the dead. She rushed forward to free him from his iron shackles. Maurice barely stirred, his eyes only widening at the sight of his daughter.

"Belle..?" His head lifted slightly.

"Yes! It's me, please we have to get you out of here!" Worry and encouragement seethed through Belle's words.

"Belle.." Though lifted, his head shook. "There's no point, I made a deal.. With the devil."

"Enough! Listen, sweetheart. Your dad's right. He made a deal with the devil." Klaus bowed his head, smirking. "And that deal ensured his death."

"NO! Please! Papa, I can't loose you too.." Belle cupped her father's face in his hands.

Klaus Mikaelson pushed her away from Maurice as though she was nothing but a rag doll. "How very touching, love. But I'm afraid this little ordeal has to come to an end. Now, what's going to happen is I'm going to kill your father, then I'm going to make you forget everything that happens here. You got that, sweetheart?"

Veins began to appear beneath his bloodlust eyes, and fangs sprouted menacingly in his mouth. "Any last words, love?"

He smirked and sank his fangs into Maurice's neck. Maurice screamed in laceration, Belle screamed in fear.

"NO! PLEASE! I'LL DO ANYTHING! ANYTHING! I'LL TAKE HIS PLACE!"

Klaus threw his head back from Maurice's neck in recognition. Maurice whimpered, near death.

"I'll take his place." Belle repeated breathily, "Just please, don't kill him."

"Family bonds are a curious thing. Always and Forever, we used to promise. What a load of bollocks that was. I have to say, love, I do find your courage almost admirable. Perhaps.. I'll strike this deal with you, sweetheart. His life. For yours."

In a second Klaus had undone the shackles binding Maurice and allowing him to fall to the ground. He bit into his own wrist with a crunch and forced the trickling blood down Maurice's throat.

"What are you doing?!" Belle watched dumbfounded.

Klaus rolled his eyes and turned slowly. "I'm healing him, love." He looked back to Maurice, and allowed his pupils to dilate as he spoke to Belle's father. "Go home. Leave this place and never return. Forget of me and who I am. Return to your miserable, shoddy life and tell anyone who queries that your daughter left town for a while. Go."

Maurice sat up and without a single glance back at his fallen daughter, left.

"What did you do to him?"

"It's called compulsion, love. I'm afraid your daddy won't be back to save you anytime soon. But.." Klaus smirked down at Belle, "I don't think it's quite so fair, leaving you to die. After all, sweetheart, I wouldn't waste a pretty face. You'll stay down here for a while, until I decide enough is enough."

"Please! Don't leave me down here!" Her watery hazel eyes swept over the grim dungeon; from the straw covered floor, to the blood splattered walls.

Klaus smirked once more before slamming and bolting the door in her face. "Goodnight, Belle Jaune."

The last sound Belle heard that night was the creak of the door window as he swung it closed.