Hitchhiker Part 1

FADE IN:

EXT-I-15 FWY-NIGHT

Sports car speeding on freeway, heavy rain fall.

CUT TO:

INT.-SPORTS CAR-NIGHT

Heather is speaking on the mobile phone with her girlfriend.

GIRLFRIEND ON PHONE (V.O.)
When do you think your going to be here, I would hate for you to miss your own bachelorette party.

HEATHER
I should be in Vegas in two hours. If this weather would clear up I could be there sooner. Have you seen my husband to be?

GIRLFRIEND ON PHONE (V.O.)
Brad's friends kidnapped him and promised to bring him back the next morning, in one piece.

Heather looks at a picture of Brad that she has on the dashboard.

HEATHER
I can't wait to marry that man.

GIRLFRIEND ON PHONE (V.O.)
Don't get emotional on me, tonight is girls night out. Now hurry your butt up.

HEATHER
I'll get there as soon as I can. Bye

GIRLFRIEND ON PHONE (V.O.)
Drive safely and I'll see you soon. Bye

CUT TO:

EXT.-I-15 FWY-NIGHT

CLOSE SHOT of a MALE HITCHHIKERS back. He's holding his thumb out.

CUT TO:

INT.-SPORT CAR-NIGHT

HEATHER sees the HITCHHIKER and zooms by him.

HEATHER (speaking to herself)
That's a spooky looking character.

CUT TO:

EXT.-I-15 FWY-NIGHT

CLOSE SHOT of the HITCHHIKERS face as he watches the sports car speed by. The HITCHHIKER gives a mean grin.

CUT TO:

INT.-SPORTS CAR-NIGHT

HEATHER has a blow out and looses control of the car. She regains control and starts to pull over.

HEATHER (angrily)
Great, fucking great.

Heather looks into her rear view mirror and sees that the HITCHHIKER is approaching her car. The HITCHHIKER taps on her window.

HEATHER (scared voice)
I don't need any help, thank you, I have Triple A.

HEATHER picks up her phone and starts dialing. She's out of her calling circle. The HITCHHIKER is still waiting outside of her car. The HITCHHIKER taps on the window again and bends down to talk to HEATHER.

HITCHHIKER (well-mannered)
Open your trunk, I'll change your flat for you.

HEATHER unlocks her trunk from inside the car. The HITCHHIKER goes to the back of the car. She lowers the passenger window.

HEATHER
Thanks for helping. (speaking to her self) He's not spooky looking at all.

The HITCHHIKER starts lifting the car off the ground. HEATHER puts on her rain coat and approaches the HITCHHIKER.

HEATHER
I'm sorry I didn't stop for you back there, my parents taught me to never pick-up any hitchhikers.

HITCHHIKER (speaking while changing tire)
That's good advice, you never know what kind of weirdo's you might run into.

HEATHER
Are you heading towards Vegas? If you are, I don't mind taking you there.

HITCHHIKER is tightening the bolts to the wheel with a crowbar.

HITCHHIKER (sarcastically)
What about what your parents taught you?

HEATHER
You look harmless enough, and you did help me with my flat.

HITCHHIKER
You have a nice expensive car, I bet this car cost you a lot of money. Do you do drugs?

HEATHER
No, I don't.

HITCHHIKER reaches over to the flat tire and pulls out a nail spiked golf ball, CLOSE SHOT: of the golf ball.

HITCHHIKER
Well I do and I' m coming down real hard.

HEATHER starts to walk towards the driver side. The HITCHHIKER goes after her with the crowbar in hand. He pushes her against the car.

HEATHER (pleading)
If you want my money go ahead and take it, just leave me alone. 

HITCHHIKER
I'll take your money, and your car.

HEATHER (starting to cry)
Take it, just leave me alone.

HITCHHIKER
You've seen my face, I can't let you....

HEATHER (crying)
I wouldn't report anything, I promise. Please let me go, I'm getting married tomorrow. 

HITCHHIKER
Didn't your parents tell you can't negotiate with a drug addict.

HEATHER (begging)
I'll do anything.

CUT TO:

CAMERA-showing the back of the HITCHHIKER and towering over HEATHER. CAMERA showing him raising the crowbar above his head, and starts to bring the crowbar down with deadly force. HEATHER screams before the blow.