cold shoulder;

Farkle Minkus

Monday October 3rd

when I kissed Riley, I guess it wasn't the best thing I could've done when she's in a relationship with the devil. But I needed to know if she felt anything. She said that she didn't know if she felt anything so obviously that means she did but has to hide it.

It was lunch and Jake was sweet talking Riley but she just didn't reply because she knew it would hurt me. "come on Riley, your making me look like an idiot!" Jake said through clenched teeth.

"Actually your making yourself look like an idiot." Zay shrugged before taking a bite of his sandwich. Jake scoffed before turning back to Riley trying to get a kiss. She would just turn her head when he tried to kiss her. Zay, Lucas, and I found it hysterical, we were laughing for ages. Maya was just smacking us trying to make us stop.

Jake groaned before standing up and storming off. "Well I better go calm him down..." Riley said while grabbing her bag and running after him.

"What's up with her? Why is she rejecting- ohhhh." Zay said realizing what i had done. Honestly it was a good move on my part now Riley won't kiss or show any affection to him in front of me.

"FARKLE." Maya yelled and I stood up quickly and she grabbed my collar and pulled me close to her face. "Your trying to sabotage her relationship!"

"well..." I bit my lip and she broke into laughter before letting go of my shirt.

"Someone had to do it, good thing it was you not me." She laughed. Just as we know it Riley walks back into the cafeteria by herself. There is something different and she has a sweater on now. I didn't know why.

"hey honey, you okay?" Maya asked and Riley took a seat across from Zay. They made direct eye contact then Riley looked at Maya and nodded. I could only feel like it was my fault making her reject Jake. Guilt started taking over me.

I quickly left the cafeteria and found Jake. He was smoking a cigarette out on the steps of the stairs. "What do you want." He muttered.

"I need to talk to you." I said with my hands in my leather jacket pockets. Jake exhaled smoke into my face and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm listening Fark." Jake stood up and threw his stick of cancer on the ground before squishing it under his black boot. I wanted to punch him after he used a stupid nickname.

"I like Riley." I spoke slowly, he had an angry look on his face.

"So that's why she's giving me the cold shoulder huh." Jake smiled in a provoking way. I confirmed that by nodding. "You love little Riley. Well thanks for telling me because now your going to want her even more." He smirked "and if you really want her, your gonna have to take her from me yourself." He then added one last thing before walking away "Good luck, freak."

The next time I saw Jake was at topanga's with the 'squad'. He was honestly just trying to show Riley off as much as he could and it pissed me off. "Riley I'm so glad you're my girlfriend, you're so beautiful and smart." He said and gave me an evil glance.

"Well-" Riley began to say but stopped herself before she could say anything.

"Well?" Zay tried to help her say what she was going to say.

"W-well why don't you treat me like your glad I'm your girlfriend... Why do you only tell me I'm beautiful and smart when others are around-" Riley began to rant. She looked down at her hands the back at Jake "when Farkle tells me that I'm beautiful everyday..."

Jake bit his lip then looked at me and I put my hands up in defeat. "Jake can I talk to you in private please..." Riley said while standing up and he nodded following her outside of topanga's. We all ran to the windows and slyly watched what was about to happen.

"You need to stop being rude to me one second then nice the next." Riley said with her cheeks turning a bright pink. Maya, Lucas, and Zay all exchanged shocked looks. I was just as shocked. "Farkle is always nice to me... What makes you want to be mea-"

"Riley I don't want to hear this, I'm leaving goodbye." Jake said and walked up the stairs and left Riley in a shocked state. She rubbed her eyes and we all heard her mumble something like "fucking asshole."

We all quickly got back into our spots and Riley walked back in and grabbed her apron and put it on clearly getting ready for her shift.

She needs to be treated better.