More Than Pizza

*No one's P.O.V.*

Things at the Annex were pleasantly quite.

Flynn Carson was busy talking to Colonial Eve Baird about their last mission. Ezekiel Jones was waiting for his double cheese pepperoni pizza, (praying to God that Dulaque wouldn't get his evil paws on the Librarians lunch). Jacob Stone was reading a book on Native American culture, all the while keeping his eyes on Cassandra Cillain who was lost in her own little world of math. Jenkins, as usual, was no where to be found.

It was supposed to be a quiet day.

That was until the doorbell ranged.

Ezekiel jumped off of the central table, declaring, "I'll get it!" Ezekiel took off towards the Annex door, expecting a pizza.

What he got was much more.

"Ah, guys, you probably want to take a look at this."

At that, Eve's Guardian role took in as she ran to the door. Flynn, Jacob and Cassandra followed suit. At the door, the delivery boy named Luke Nicoletti held a pizza.

And a staff.

And a griffin.

"Hi, guys!" The 17 year old reddish brown haired teen greeted, his braces shining off his teeth. He handed the pizza to Ezekiel as he explained, handing the griffin to Cassandra and the staff to Flynn, "I found this tiny guy when I got here; poor thing was trying to ring the doorbell!"

Cassandra awwed and stated, cradling the breathless griffin, "Aww... it's so cute!"

Flynn held the staff in his hands as if it were a bomb and pondered, "You found it.... here, you said?"

Luke nodded and replied, "Yeah! The little guy was so tired, man!"

Eve saw the wheels spinning in Flynn's head and she asked, placing a hand on her lovers shoulder, "Flynn?...."

Flynn took off running down the hall, yelling, "Jenkins! You need to see this!" Confussed, Eve, Jacob, Ezekiel and Cassandra took off, followed by a unsure Luke.

Jenkins grumbled as he walked into the Main Room of the Annex, (where everyone was at) and complained, "What is it this time? What's so impor--"

Jenkins never finished his sentence; never finished his word. He stared at Luke, then the staff, then the griffin baby. Flynn noted the pause and asked, "Do you recognize this staff?"

Jenkins placed down he book he had been reading and gulped, stating, "Merlin's staff. It's rumored to be the source of the wizards magic."

Pointing at Luke, Jenkins added, "And I thought he was gone!" "I was, Mr. Jenkins sir." Luke chirped, "I was gone, but now I'm here again!"

Jenkins glared at the pizza boy.

Luke fell silent.

Gently taking the griffin from Cassandra, Jenkins took off a paper tied to the little guys front left leg. Once he opened and read the note, Jenkins closed his eyes and sighed.

"Jenkins? You okay?" Cassandra asked concerned.

Jenkins re-read the letter, sighed again and handing it to Flynn, then he sat in the nearest seat.

Flynn raised a eyebrow as he read it quietly. When Eve nudged him, Flynn read out loud,

"Dear Jenkins,
By the time you read this note, I will be in Dulaque's hands.

*Gasps from Cassandra and Luke*

I know that if your dad got Merlin's staff, he could control any and all magic. So I have sent Griff, (the baby griffin) with the staff to you. Make sure that Griff and the staff are safe and tell Griff I love him.

*Griff caws sadly*

I'm being pursued at the moment, so I'll end with this: I love and miss you. Stay safe.
Love, your friend,
Rita."

Jenkins was on the verge of tears by the time Flynn was done. Cassandra hugged the Immortal as Eve asked, "Whose Rita?"

Jenkins brushed a tear away with his thumb as he began, "Dulaque, Morgan Le Fay, and I weren't the only people who became immortal when Camelot fell. There were others, largely a number of the Knights from the Round Table.

Among us was a young 13 year old girl, whose parents died in Camelot's fall." Cassandra gasped as Jacob stated, "That's terrible!" Jenkins nodded his head and continued, "I don't know what happened to her until I and Prince Claudin, aka Clyde, remet Rita in the Wild West. We stayed together for a while, until both World Wars happened."

Jenkins sighed at this point, looking beaten. "Around 10 years ago, Rita and I remet. I gave her the Annex's phone number for her to memorize, in case she needed my help." Jenkins ran a hand through his hair and groaned, "I should have offered a place here, at the Annex, for her to stay...."

"It's okay, Jenkins." Colonial Baird reassured the knight, "We'll find her...."

"You don't understand," Jenkins nearly growled, standing up, "I don't know much about her past, but I do know that Dulaque and Rita have met before."

Jenkins tightened his fist until the knuckles turned white. Through gritted teeth, the knight growled, "Dulaque will force Rita into telling him what she did with Merlin's staff and the griffin. He'll torture her, and when he's done with her, when he's convinced that she has no information left...."

Luke echoed Jenkins conclusion,

"Dulaque will kill Rita."