Inside My Head

*Rita's P.O.V.*

Trapped.

That's a word for the condition I was in.

Trapped, with no control over my body and no say in where... SHE.... takes me.

I guess I can quote Bri Marie from the social network called Facebook on depression:
"It's like being trapped in a state of mind between awake and asleep, everything is dulled out muted and the only way out is so far away it doesn't seem reachable."

Yep, that describes me alright

Battling the evil me was harder than last time. She seemed to have grown... stronger.

Or maybe it seems that way because Dulaque tortured me before... SHE.... took over?

Who knows.....

My Mind Palace (Sherlock fandom, I'm staring right at you!) was a beautiful place to visit. The floor to ceiling window allowed me to see the world outside of my brain, while a dark oak desk and cushioned chair faced the window. Floor to ceiling bookshelves overflowed with my memories, that took on the appearance of hard covered, yellow paged books.

Some of the books had dates, (July 4th, 1776; December 7th, 1941) written on the binder. Some had names, (Annie Oakley; Rachel Wall) of past lives I had... Or people I've met... Some had places, (Camelot; Athens, Greece; Rome) that I had visited. And some had skills, (sword fighting, cooking, sewing, kung fu), that I had gathered over the years.

My Mind was a safe haven for me.

But at the moment, my Mind Palace was under attack.

I slammed into the middle of the library like room, cracks forming along the ground. I groaned and tried to heave myself up, gasping, "You---w-won't win. I--wi--will---s-s-stop---y-you."

A hideous laugh echoed off my Mind Palaces walls, even as a sickly voice asked me, "Why do you fight me, Rita? You and I BOTH know how this will end..." I stayed on the floor, exhausted, as I coldly replied, "You know why I'm fighting you, Raura; the last time I let you loose, you killed a lot of people...."

"Don't you mean WE, little sister?"

Raura appeared in front of me, her hands on her hips, smirking at me.

Raura looked like a demon version of myself. Raura's black hair was braided in 2 long braids, while her black attire held a ghostly similarity to mine. Raura's skin had a dirty greyness to it, (contrast to my fair skin), while her razor sharp, pitch black fingernails looked alien like.
Her eyes, though....

She had no eyes, in a sense, but I could tell that she was staring at me. Staring at me with her dark magic filled eye sockets.

I looked away.

Ignoring her accusation, I instead said, "I may not know the people who Jenkins was with, but I have heard of Librarians. If all of the stories are true, then you'll never be able to kill me....."

"Kill you?" Raura asked, slightly tilting her head, "No, no; I'm not trying to kill you! I'm trying to kill ME." Her hand fell upon my shoulder; it was eerily gentle, even for my sister. I shifted under Raura's gaze, as I corrected, "If you reverse the spell, not only will you kill yourself, but also me and several other Immortals."

"But isn't that want you WANT?"

...... I ............

"We can finally die, Sister!" Raura was trying to be persistent as she buttered up her words, "We wouldn't have to see anymore evil beings or events anymore! We could FINALLY be in peace." I stood up, (forcing Raura's hand to fall off my shoulder) and backed away, turning away from the evil part of me.

I lowered my head, leaning on the desk, my palms resting on my desks wooden surface.

I closed my eyes.

"Isn't that what you've always wanted....?"

I opened my eyes.

Then I laughed.

Raura, taking a step back in shock, demanded, "What did I say?!? Why are you laughing?!?"

I turned to face my sister, wiping a tear from my eye, as I explained, "What I've always wanted was to be a ninja, or a pirate, or a cowgirl.

Yes, I want to die... But there is so much good I can do before Jesus comes to takes us home.
Wanna end world hunger? I can study for centuries to find a prefect seed that can grow anywhere, under any situation or environment.

Wanna stop wars? I could convince the world leaders to make peace with the first hand accounts of wars I've had.

God gave me this cursed blessing for a reason; it's about time I use the skills I've gathered for the betterment of humanity......"

Raura grabbed me by my throat, pointed teeth showing! I managed to push my sister away, even as she screeched, "YOU WILL NEVER GET AWAY FROM ME!!! I'LL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE YOUR MIND PALACE ALIVE!!!"

That's when Raura charged.

Let's hope Jenkins and the Librarians can wake me up in time......