Incompatibility of the Modern World and Elvish Blood

★Incompatibility of the Modern World and Elvish Blood

-A LOTR and The Hobbit fanfiction

-Pairing: Legolas Greenleaf x Modern! O.C

-A sequel to the fic: Fangirling is definitely his enemy

-----☆Work Text:

Legolas had already been out for about two days now, Celine was already growing weary through each day that had passed even though she knew quite well that the elf would be doing nothing more but search for leads as to how to go back to his own world.

He never strays from his oath.

The prince promised her that he'd be doing so and nothing more that he had not already told her.

Celine trusts him at just that because she has faith in him stronger than the iron that the dwarves of Middle Earth had forged.

But what unsettled her the most is the thought that should not have even caused so in the first place-

What if he finally found a way back?

Would he come back just to tell me goodbye?

But what if he wouldn't be given the chance to do so?

Would I sit here waiting for someone who'd probably never come back home?

Home...

Celine hopes that her house would be as much of a home for the elf as it is for her. It was all possible because of him anyways.

Choosing not to brood over the events that haven't even taken place yet, the girl decided to change into at least a comfortable pair of jumper and sweats before she starts rummaging through whatever is left with their preparations for the party.

"He would tell me if he had already found out a way, right?" She wondered aloud and slumped into her favorite bean bag, trying to prevent herself from sulking further into depression.

"Maybe this is exactly what separation anxiety feels like. Goodness, you're bloody pathetic, Chelli..." Celine face-planted on the cool surface of the frosted table in a vain attempt to simmer down the heat building in her face and the corners of her eyes.

Maybe she wouldn't even be able to do anything aside from worry about the elf all night after all.

Another fruitless half an hour was spent with the girl staring blankly at her laptop's browser's screen and forgetting about dinner as well as the plans she's supposed to be making for the event.

A set of heavy footsteps and a sudden loud thump against her bedroom door's just about the only thing that had successfully brought her out of the trance she was temporarily bound in not too long ago.

"Bloody hell..." She muttered in silent panic as she strode over to her closet where Legolas' armor and weapons are hidden underneath her piles of neatly folded clothes. Picking up an intricately carved dagger -one that is relevantly smaller than the ones that the elf had on his back- she went towards where the disturbing sound had come from and cautiously opened the door only to gasp in surprise at what she had come across to upon doing so.

There in front of her is her beloved prince, bent over in a coughing and wheezing fit, sweaty and pale and oh so weak that he could barely keep himself upright.

Celine was quick to wrap steadying arms around his taller form, effectively catching the blond before he toppled over and hurt himself.

"Legolas?! Are you alright? What happened?" She asked, on the borderline of hysterics, her normally calm and composed nature nowhere to be found because how the hell is she supposed to be collected when the elf is practically hacking his own lungs out from the doorway.