Tale as old as time (Part 2)

-----Work Text:

The pair miraculously managed to arrive at tonight's last screening in time despite of a number of minor mishaps along the way.

First of all was how hard it was to get Legolas into a cab. Celine almost forgot how anxious the ellon gets whenever inside any form of transportation and it immediately made her feel guilty.

Nevertheless, her compensation of giving him a small peck on the lips and letting him cling unto her arm for the rest of the cab ride. It seemed to be enough to pay for it all and he looked radiant than ever, as if the supposedly terrifying cab ride was nothing more but a phase for him. One that he immediately outgrew.

Second is the amount of attention he got the very second the two of them had stepped inside the mall. Sure he was naturally attractive and all -especially now that he's donned modern clothes from head to toe- but even Celine herself never would've guessed she'd nearly be trampled on to death during their very first movie night just because her boyfriend's too damned attractive for the sake of them both.

The girl made it the highest priority of her mental notes for that night to buy Legolas a pair of sunglasses and have him wear them everytime they agreed on going out just to stop everyone from mistaking him for the actor Orlando Bloom.

But then again, part of her mind nags at how it could possibly mean more harm than good since for Legolas a pair of shades could only be considered an upgrade rather than an attempt to hide his attractive features. The bloody ellon could practically rock any attire. Make him wear a doily and it could possibly be tomorrow's fashion statement.

A model search just also happened to be taking place inside the mall and the bluenette had to pull the oblivious elf towards staircases and avoid any form of convenience escalators and elevators offer just to get him out of the grubby grasps of way too persistent scouts.

Then there's the ticket line. And oh god it was hell. Had Legolas not wound an arm around her waist and kissed her in front of all those girls taking their chances to get his attention then Celine swears to all the gods that she would've already walked out and headed straight back home.

She'd probably cry her eyes out the entire night and the weeks to come because of missing the adaptation of her beloved classic tale though. And then there'd be the nightmares that would haunt her until they announce the official release of the dvd.

It'll still continue by then and would only stop once she's sure that she had already secured a copy and it's sitting there snug in between her alphabetically arranged dvds.

The ellon obviously knows this means a lot to her and so, it was apparent to Celine that he was doing his best to endure it all.

He never really liked gaining too much attention, and plenty of this realm's girls downright unnerves him and sends chills down his spine because they just don't seem to know when to stop. As if they just couldn't get the simple fact that his eyes are on his beloved and on hers alone.

His actions made his discomfort apparent to the girl and so, after grabbing their tickets and paying for them, Celine instanteneously took him to the cinema's resident popcorn machine.

His pale blue eyes shone as he looked at the popping kernels with wide eyes that almost resembled that of an awestrucked child. All of his worries popping along with the popcorn dancing right infront for his eyes to watch.

Lilac hues soften considerably at the sight.

Hand still intertwined with his, the girl went to buy their snacks.

Once the guy at the counter placed her purchases infront of her, it doesn't really take a genius to know that she couldn't hold all of them -especially not when Legolas currently had her hand in a seemingly unintentional iron grip- and so, despite of not wanting to ruin the blond's adorable state of spacing out, she called to the distracted ellon.