Chapter 4

"Rogues?" I asked my sister quietly. My heart increased its speed.

"No, I don't think so. They don't smell like rogues." 

Rogues had a very distinct smell compared to normal werewolves. Rogues smelled like dirt, and other earthy things.

There was a few moments of silence until I broke it.

"Why?" I breathed. If there were non-rogue smelling werewolves here, then they had to belong to a pack. And if there was a pack here, then we could die if we slipped up and revealed to them that we were werewolves too. We would be seen as a threat if they find out we were Lycans, or even just rogues.

My panic attack grew as questions rose in my mind. What if they hurt my family? What if I died? What if I have to move again? What will happen to McKenna once I leave? How will I cope with not having McKenna there?

"Stop," Tarah said, shaking my shoulders.

"You're overreacting Tori, it will be fine," she told me, suddenly more calm than before.

"How do you know?" I countered. "And why aren't you freaking out like you just were?"

"Well first, we don't actually know why they're here, second, we have the spray, and third, you seem to be doing all the freaking out for me," she smiled.

Leave it to Tarah to find the positive in everything.

"You're right," I sighed.

"Wow, Tori O'Conner actually had a panic attack. Like, I thought she was like, soo brave and stuff. But like, I guess not," she said like a valley girl.

Leave it to Tarah to always make me smile. 

I playfully shoved her shoulder and walked bravely to the front. My breath caught in my lungs as I took in the three, rather attractive males sitting at one of the round booths. My heart then followed my lungs' malfunction once I took in the most attractive of them all, though it wasn't because of his good looks. It was mostly my wolf's incessant cries.

'Mate!'  

I willed my heart rate to slow, knowing that if it got any louder, they would hear it from where they were sitting. I noticed Lana's shy frame standing in front of them. Poor girl, she's probably intimidated by their good looks.

"Hey Tori, go help her will you?" I heard my mother ask, but I was already advancing towards them.

"Um, our pizzas co-come with toppings of y-your choice, an-" 

"Hey, Lana, my mom needs you to help her with the register," I interrupted.

She shot me a thankful look and scurried away. I turned to the table and saw three pairs of eyes staring back at me, each owned by guys who could be in magazines.

"Hi, my name's Tori, I'll be your server for today. Would you guys like to start off with a drink, or are you ready to order?"

The one with blonde hair and blue eyes smirked at me and was the first to answer. 

"Wow, I could've sworn your name was Mickey, 'cause you are so fine." 

Seriously?

Apparently his friends liked the line, because they all had sexy smirks matching the blonde's own.

I gathered a smirk on my face.

"Actually, I think I would've been more of a Minnie." I looked down to his crotch then back to his face and added, "I'm sure you can relate."

I put back on the rehearsed polite smile and turned to his friends. They all had shock written on their faces, which I'm not going to lie, made me feel a little special inside. That pick up line had probably worked on many - naive - girls before me. 

"Do you boys have any real orders?" I asked.

Coming back from their shock, they looked at me impressed. 

"Um, can we just get three pizza deluxe's?" the one with caramel skin and sparkling brown eyes asked. 

"Yeah, sure," I smiled, thankful that he didn't try anything like his dumb friend. 

"Anything else?" 

The guy who answered looked to the gorgeous one in the middle. It seemed like they were having a mind-link conversation.

"Can we get three black tea lemonades?" The middle one looked at me with steely blue eyes. 

"Yeah, sure," I said, my heart rate picking up the slightest bit. His voice was smooth and deep.

I turned around to place my orders and found my older sister watching the table intently. 

'I get that they're werewolves and all, but you could make it a little less obvious,' I mind-linked her.

Her gaze turned to me and my pace to the kitchen quickened when I saw her look. It was a mixture between excited and terrified. Tarah was a lot of things, but terrified?

I walked into the kitchen, gave the order to Ramon, and walked to the back room where my older sister paced.

"You trying to burn a hole in the floor or something?" I asked.

She looked up at me and whispered, "mates."

My eyes widened in shock. How the hell did she know? We're werewolves for god sake, not psychics. 

Unless... Aw hell.