Chapter 11

(Tori's POV)

"Ooh this too - for me of course," McKenna said, holding up a loud-pink, body-con dress.

"Yeah, definitely you." I was currently being dragged - against my will might I add - around the mall by my former best friend.

"Can we be done now? We both have a dress for the party already," I whined.

Telling her about Alec's party was a terribly, horrible idea.

"Oh, Tori, you're so juvenile. A girl can never have too many dresses."

Terribly, horrible.

"Well, I'm gonna check out," I said as I turned for the cash.

"Noo." I could almost feel her pout from here.

Ignored.

I heard her angry stomps behind me and I laughed under my breath.

"Wait! Can I at least try these on first? Pleeease", she said.

With a loud sigh, I turned around.

"Fine," I said with a pout of my own, and she led the way to the dressing room.

The lady at the dressing room counter gave her the key - which to McKenna was the equivalent to a diamond ring - and she was off.

"Hey, do you wanna try on that dress?" McKenna shouted through the door.

I looked down at the navy blue, lace material in my arms and thought of how I was going to have to take off the clothes I'm wearing now, put on the dress, just to take it back off and put back on my original clothes.

"I'm good."

"Lazy," McKenna teased.

I laughed at her ability to see right through me, and told her I'd be back. My stomach waits for no woman.

"And I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode," I added, remembering a cat meme I saw recently.

I walked to the cash, payed for the dress, and exited the store with my purchase in hand.

As I descended down the escalator, the smell of Taco Bell and KFC greeted me. My stomach growled as if insisting one of the two restaurants should fill it.

I walked towards the Taco Bell, but promptly turned around when I saw the line.

'It's not worth the trip to the bathroom later,' my wolf offered.

I pouted, having a sudden craving for a spicy potato soft taco, but soldiered my way past the hoards of teenagers to KFC. As I walked, the smell of the Doritos locos taco followed, and I had to look back. As soon as my head was turned though, a body crashed into my side. I took a careful step back to steady myself.

"Oh geez. I'm sorry," a man's voice apologized.

I smelt him before I saw him and I was on instant red alert.

'Rogue,' my wolf sneered.

I looked up to see a normal looking man with a full beard and noticeable beauty mark under his left eye. His muddy brown eyes seemed to take in my face like he was trying to put something together.

"Oh, it's fine," I said, dropping my head and shuffling past him. I tried to seem as nonchalant as possible, but inside, my heart was going a mile a minute. I steadied my breathing, knowing he'd pick up on my nervous state, and circled the food court to get the stairs on the opposite end.

I looked back to find the man gone. It would seem to be a good thing, but it was the same feeling as running back from getting a shoe, to find the spider you were going to kill gone.