Good Time For A Run

Jackson POV 

We had been walking for almost three hours. My dad thought it would be better in human form since the forest was thinning out, which meant that a two hour journey was turned into four or more. I understood where he was coming from though. It was seem really weird if anyone saw a large group of wolves running through the trees. Although, in our human forms we looked like drug addicts looking for a new hole to live in.  

I stayed in the back while Trent and my dad led the group. I had no desire to lead this group of idiots. There was just something about all their behavior that was off. Not only did they look out for themselves alone, but it seemed like they didn't trust one another. I didn't trust a single person in the pack, but they should have. I was having a hard time figuring out what was up with the pack, there was just too much off about them.  

"So, I hear you think that we have a mole," Sam, Trent's Beta, asked. It was a simple question, but the tone of his voice told me that he was looking for trouble. I didn't even know where he came from, last I knew he was in the middle of the group. 

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked, keeping my eyes forward.  

"What kind of pack do you think we are?" He spat.  

"I really don't know, but that's what I plan on finding out." 

Sam grabbed my shoulder and pulled me to a stop. I was pissed, ready to rip his head off, but I just gave him a blank stare instead. I wouldn't let him get to me. "This is a good pack," he growled in my face.  

I took a step back, putting a little distance between my nose and his mouth, "If you say so man." I slapped the side of his arm and then continued walking. I figured that he was still fuming at me when I didn't hear his immediate footsteps.  

When I first met Sam I thought he was cool, but as the days went on I decided he was just as arrogant as Trent. He was just another pretty boy with an attitude. He had ear length blonde hair that I was sure drove the ladies nuts when it was cleaned, I had heard girls gush over his green eyes, and apparently he had a nice ass. In my eyes, the dude looked like a chick, and he acted like one too.  

"You don't know shit about us!" Sam yelled as he pushed me from behind. See what I mean, a real guy doesn't attack when your back is turned.  

I stumbled forward into the small group of teenage girls that were walking in front of me. I got a few squeals of terror until they realized that it was me, and then they began to fawn over me. Back in my high school days I would have played it up for all the attention that I could, but now I was too pissed with the pack to even enjoy it.  

"Sorry ladies," I began, but was quickly shut up with questions about my well-being. Girls began running their hands down my arms, asking where I was hurt and how they could help. 

"You ok Jack?" A small blonde girl asked me. I recognized her immediately. She was only fourteen and she was a complete tomboy. She even stole my hat the first week I was with them and not because she liked me. The girl just wanted my hat and since then we've been friends.  

I ignored all the other girls and only responded to my friend, "Yeah Casey, I'm ok," I smiled and patted the top of her head, which was covered by my hat. "You guys keep up with the group, I need to talk to Sam. " 

"Go easy on him Jack, my sister has a huge crush on him," Casey said seriously. I just laughed and then shooed her towards the rest of the pack. I swear that I was closer with Casey than I was with my own sister. There was definitely something off with Brinley too, I just hadn't figured out what. 

I stopped walking and turned my body around so that I was facing Sam. Surprisingly, he made no move to keep up with us after I stumbled, so he was a few yards back. I took a deep breath and squared my shoulders before I made my way to him.