Evening Out

Jackson POV 

"She did what now?" The Alpha asked as I laid wolf Sadie down on the couch in the pack house.  

After Sadie shifted and blew my mind, we noticed that her neck was rapidly healing. I think we sat there for about thirty minutes and watched her in awe. I couldn't believe it happened, I couldn't believe that she shifted. I wanted it to happen, but I always thought that I knew it couldn't happen. She was 21 and hadn't shifted yet, it was unheard of, but it happened.  

Steve thought it had something to do with my blood being in her and her life about to be lost. He believes that the sleeping wolf gene that she had was awakened, and her shifted to save her life. There was also the theory that maybe Andy's bite had something to do with it, but I hoped not. According to Steve, we would know more when she woke up. If she still felt a pull to me, then it had nothing to do with Andy, but if she felt nothing for me then it was because of Andy, and then we had a huge problem.  

If Andy had somehow mated with Sadie through that bite and she woke up to find out that he had died, she would go crazy. With her going crazy for another wolf, my wolf would mourn the loss of his mate and then I would be crazy too. Just the possibility of another damn problem had me on edge. I was scared to say the least, but I was hopeful since I still felt the pull towards her. I figured that I wouldn't feel the same way towards her if she lost her bond with me.  

"She shifted," I sighed. I had explained the whole thing twice already and I was sick of reliving it. I was just as confused as everyone else, yet for some reason they expected me to have all the answers.  

"I don't understand how that's possible," Elly stated. She and Dean had been out searching the territory and as soon as they saw Steve's car the rushed back in. Elly had been speechless till now. At first she just stared at Sadie, then she touched her fur, and then she just sat down and stared off into space quietly.  

"Just pick one of Steve's explanations and go with it," Ethan snapped. He too was sick of the questions. We were both physically and mentally exhausted.  

"So now we just wait? Wait to see if she turns back?" Kate asked. She had been crying since before we got back. I could feel it in the air when we stepped out of Steve's car, so much sadness.  

"Yes, Luna," Steve replied, "I'm certain she will shift back, it's only a matter of time." 

"Alright, why doesn't everyone go get cleaned up and then come back," the Alpha suggested, although we all knew it was an order. "Steve I want you here for the night to make sure you are around when she wakes up." 

"Yes, sir," Steve answered, "I'll just head home and clean up, shouldn't take more than an hour." 

"Very well, Clair and Elly can sit with Sadie while you boys are away," The Alpha directed to me and Ethan.  

I wanted to argue, but I knew I couldn't. As much as I wanted to stay by Sadie, I knew I needed some time to wind down. I had been living in fast forward since I came home and needed all the relaxing time I could squeeze in so I wouldn't go crazy, even if it was only a shower.  

I nodded my head and stood up, making my way to the shower. I didn't have to run home like Steve did because I always kept extra clothes at the pack house, or I could just borrow from Ethan since we were around the same size and he lived here.  

I was almost to the bathroom when I saw a familiar girl with dirty blonde hair and an amazingly cool hat, "Casey, you're still here?" 

Casey spun around and smiled, "I have been looking for you all day," she replied excitedly, "Oh wait, how is your mate? Is she ok?"