Protective {Dean}

You sat in the back of the impala and waited impatiently for your older brothers. They'd been in the house for what seemed like forever and you grew impatient.

"Screw it." You finally said.

Getting out of the car everything told you to stay. Instead of listening you got weapons from the trunk.

"(Y/N), this is a bad idea." Castiel appeared.

Shaking your head you checked the gun in your hand, "I'm going in, Cas. You can't stop me."

The Angel shook his head, "I advise you greatly against this. You are making a very big mistake, (Y/N). Dean won't be happy about this."

"Then let him be mad at me." You defended, "I don't care anymore. As long as I can know that they are safe and alive. I don't need anymore family memebers dying."

Cas disappeared and you started giving yourself a peptalk. In all reality this was the first time that you had ever attempted a hunt on your own. Going after your brothers was definitely a suicide mission and obviously Cas wasn't going to help you out. With the gun in your hand you grabbed a knife and then headed into the house.

"Sam! Dean!" You called opening the door.

There wasn't an answer and that scared you. Making your way further into the house you realized that you had no idea what was waiting for you. This was one of the cases that they decided not to share with you.

Taking a deep breath you decided it was time to grow up and become a hunter, "Whatever you are I will kill you with my own bare hands. Once I find you there isn't going to be anything that you can do to protect yourself. Harm my brothers and I'll kill each and every last one of you."

Suddenly loud laughs echoed around you and you froze. That threat you made was out of pure courage which disappeared instantly. A hand grabbed your arm and threw you up against the wall. Crashing down onto the ground your head felt like it was about to explode. Shakingly you stood up and tried to clear your now spotted vision.

"I've never seen such a loser of a Winchester." A deep voice spoke, "You must be the child that is a mistak. There is always one."

"Face me like you aren't afraid to die." You yelled out.

In your mind you prayed that your brothers were about to burst in and save the day because there was no way that you were going to win this fight.

"Oh I'm not afraid." A tall man appeared, "You are the one that is afraid."

He came running towards you and you covered your head dropping the knife in your hand. Without looking up you heard a loud scream and then someone swear. After a few moments of feeling nothing you looked up and saw Dean staring at you with his angry face.

You tried to smile, "Dean, it's nice to see you here. What an occasion , isn't it?" You tried to laugh, but his stare made you crawl back.

"Go back out to the car." Dean ordered you, "I'm getting Sammy and we are leaving."

He gave you no room to argue as he stormed away. Trying not to get attacked again you ran out of the house and hid behind the impala. A few moments after you heard Dean's voice and Sam's. They were arguing about something that you couldn't quite hear just yet.

"Are you angry at me?" You asked when they stood in front of you.

Sam shook his head, "I'm not mad at you. (Y/N), you shouldn't have come in there like that. It was dangerous in everyway that could've killed you."

After Sam's little speech you turned towards Dean to know that he forgave you. He shook his head and walked away. Looking back at Sam he motioned you to follow your older brother.

"Dean, are you seriously angry at me?" You asked him.

His back was turned towards you so you didn't exactly know if he was still angry, "(Y/N) (Y/MN) Winchester, you know how dangerous that was. You know they could've killed you and Sam would've been devastated. Did you ever think about him before you ran in trying to act like a hero? No. No you didn't think about anyone except yourself. That is the stupidest thing that you could've done and I have a whole arsenal of stupid behind me."

"Stop treating me like a child." You yelled at him, "I am not some little kid that you can control anymore, Dean. I am as capable at this as you are."

"Obviously you aren't." He screamed at you, "We can't trust you enough to just stay in a car. (Y/N), you aren't a hunter and you are never going to be one. Just like everyone else we've ever cared about Sam and I will have to burn you just to make sure that you don't come back as some kind of monster. That is what our lives have become. Not for nothing, but I would hate to lose you probably more than Sam would."

Tears ran down your face, "Stop being so rude."

Dean wrapped a loose arm around your shoulders and gave you a tight hug, "Shut up, I'm your older brother. It is my job to be rude to you. To make you see everything in a clear view. (Y/N), I meant it when I said you aren't a hero, but that doesn't make you ever stop trying. Seriously though next time I say stay in the car and you don't listen you will be walking home."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." You smiled walking back to the car.