CHAPTER-2

I walked out of my house making sure I left the tablets and food on the kitchen table for him. Since I knew I was going to die I was spending all my savings which I kept for college. It's ok I don't need them anyways. Atleast not anymore.

Although my heart clenched at the thought of me dying, petrifying memories from the past clouded them making me stick to my decision more. I opened the crumpled paper to go get my salary from my boss's assistant whom I told the whole truth about how my boss use to abuse me and seduce me.

I had to bear it because thats my only way for survival, For food. I got inside a rusted old building where I saw shadows moving. I pulled the hood over my face just in case.

Suddenly I felt a mind numbing stab on my calf when I fell down. The blood started oozing out forming a pool in front of me. I felt a presence behind me when I slowly clutched on the knife which I hid inside the waist band of my jeans.

Quick on reflex I stabbed the guy right on his heart when he fell limply infront of me. I heard footsteps running away when I slowly opened the coat of the dead man fishing out the envelope which had my salary. My brother taught me how to fight and cover your trails. So I quickly got onto work covering my trails from the sniffing police.

I staggered my way back home and shut the door behind me panting hard. Walking sucked, as it took alot of energy from my wounded leg.

I needed this money to repay some debt. I rushed inside the washroom cleaning up the wound and quickly stiching them up. I took some pain killers before lying on the comforter for some sleep. The last I remembered was somebody covering me up with blankets caressing my cheeks when I dozed off finally. 

Waking up after hours I noticed the mystery guy sitting, his head resting on the wall when his eyes glistened under the moonlight. A pearl of tear tumbled down his eyes without him realising.

I tried to wake up without him realising but caught him already staring at me. I found myself looking deep into the pool of sea green trying to understand the pain he is going through only to find it hollow and empty with no emotion.

I slowly pointed at his tear that was sticking out on his cheeks when he suddenly broke out of trance and touched his cheek. He quickly wiped it off clearing his throat "I'm starving." I quickly got up to make food only to hiss in pain because of the sudden movement. It felt like I was ran over a bull dozer when I could finally feel the pain in my leg.

I swallowed hard biting my lower lip slowly walking to the kitchen. I opened the drawer to find it empty except for 2 packet of noodles. I made the noodles in the pot and went to grab some plates after washing them only to find him already hogging it directly from the pot.

Quirking one eye brow up I looked at him amused when he shrugged back at me. He definitely was making himself feel like home. With that thought in my head I grabbed my coat and was about to exit the apartment for grocery shopping when I heard him call behind "wait". I turned around quickly.

"I want to come out too. Im bored watching the old lady's tv" he said contorting his face into disgust. "Be happy you got to watch titanic today. I had to bear through some fucking yoga videos of old people nakedly stretching sometimes". I shuddered at the mere thought of it when I saw him smiling at me finding this amusing.

"What?" I asked to which he shook his head. I then walked behind his rolling chair ready to roll him out when he screamed "wait" I stopped abruptly when he asked "don't you have a wheel chair".

I raised an eyebrow quickly retorting "does this look like a hospital?". He then shut his mouth quietly complying to me but with a pout that I couldn't help but find it adorable.

"This is so embarassing.." he whispered to himself as I roll him super fast standing on its leg as I was lazy to just keep pushing and walking. I hit his head upside upon hearing him whine for the upteenth time ever since we left my apartment.

We reached the nearby grocery store where everybody stared at us weirdly. I gave them all my sickly sweet smile to which they walked away faster. I started going into the junk section picking up pizza base and some veggies and sauce for making pizza.

Then took some snacks like all kinds of chips including the mystery guy... thats when it hit me that I don't know his name "I think we bonded enough to reveal our names don't we?". "Ok whats your name then?" He asked not intrested in the conversation.

So I decided to go with sarcasm, my only entertainment "Harley Quin". This grabbed his attention as he looked at me with an amused smirk "oh my name is jok-" I quickly yawned knowing this is what he was going to reply and threw the chips packet on his face moving to the next aisle.

He quickly caught the chips and glared at me for dismissing him so irrespectfully. I faked smile at him to which he returned with the same fakness.

After shopping I hung the bags on both the sides of the handle bars. Getting tired of pushing him I quickly sprinted not before sitting on his lap while the chair rolled straight in the narrow alley. He caught me immediately securing his un-injured arm around me holding me tight.

As soon as the chair slowed down he pushed me off the chair when I butt planted. I knew this was too good to be real. Glaring at him I flipped him off the bird before continuing to push him inside my apartment.

He made himself comfortable near the window seat while I arranged the food in the cabinet. "Lucifer", he answered for my question that I asked back then. My eyes widened when I broke into a wide grin. "I knew you were devil in diguise. Spawn of satan. Oh mighty Lucifer".

He fake glared at me before breaking into a breathtaking smile. My heart beat increased rapidly while I tried to choke out some words. "There you go. Its not that hard you know" I said commenting at him for not smiling. The smile quickly faultered replaced with hard expression almost morphed into grief.

It looked as if it pained him to smile. He turned around and started looking out of the window ignoring my presence completely. I sighed, deciding to give him the space.

I placed a pot on the stove taking out ingredients to brew some coffee, My special coffee, I started humming the tune of Locked away by Adam Levine waiting for the milk to boil. By the end of the song the coffee was made, and I fished out two cups which had the faces of bunny infront. Pouring out hot coffee I inhaled the aroma already loving it.

Taking both the cups I squished myself sitting opposite of him handing him the coffee. "Alicia", I told when he looked at me straight in the eyes nodding slowly before taking a sip from the coffee.

I noticed his eyes twinkled brightly when he took another sip swallowing it in content saying "thats one of a kind". I blushed at his compliment tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before sipping from my own cup.

I must agree today my coffee turned out really good. I kept tapping the cup irresistibly looking at the cup and his face back and forth.

He rolled his eyes speaking "go on, Ask the question you have been dreading to".

"Whats your favourite color?" I blurted before I could take it back. I covered my mouth trying to contain my embarassment.

He looked shocked before he morphed it back to normal "red" he replied silently taking his sip. I nodded and shut my mouth to stop from further embarrassment.

Few seconds later he spoke again "Aren't you gonna ask my story?". I clapped my hands folding my legs in Indian style placing the cup in the middle "Finally, I thought you would never tell". He rolled his eyes mumbling "knew it's too good to be real". I shook my head for him to go on about his story.