ᵞᵉˡˡᵒʷ ˢᵘᶰ:: ᴮᵒᵒᵏ ᵀᵉᵃˢᵉʳ

As seen in the chapter entitled here called "Book Idea."

Excerpt from Chapter One: Coming Home

❝I looked up and smelt the fragrance of red roses, a few stories above me, happily taking in the bright yellow sun overhead. You could smell the mouthwatering BBQ's families had set up on their miniature porch. I watched the mom, the dad, and their two twins chatter on and on and on about the excitement of their day and the plans they had tomorrow for a family outing.

Kara and I used to do that. We'd even let Jimmy tag along and took a bunch of selfies of the most ridiculous things. But even before her, I don't know what 'we' did.

I don't know why I smiled when the dad decided to pick up his wife and spin her around. I could hear him whisper, even though I was blocks away (and yes, one block in this neighbourhood stretched for a couple miles), that he loved her, and he loved this family they made together, and they were so, so, so happy. And they weren't even the only family outside. It must be a district for LexCorp workers who have such big families.

What a sick joke.

The bus lady was right. This isn't my stop.

If I used the super speed I have now I could catch the bus before it begins its round trip back to National City. I could go back and I wouldn't have to feel this way ever again. Kara would be happy to see me right? I can imagine her taking me into a hug and telling me everything is going to be all right and that I am still loved by someone. That there will always be a family to wait for somewhere.

And I heard, somewhere, in one of these apartment complexes, that someone was watching Steven Universe on their big, flat-screen T.V. There must be a marathon running today that I must catch up on.

So, all of a sudden in a rush to seclude myself in my new home, from the joyful laughter of families, loud music, the stench of cut grass, bland grey and white colors of every other building, and fresh air, I took out the slip of paper Kara gave me for my exact address.

I walked a couple houses down, completely exhausted with handling all the suitcases myself. I checked the card again and read the sign outside the residency stating on a small board with gold letters, "Wayne Gardens Halfway House.*"

"Finally," I sighed happily, looking everything over once, twice, no, three times, and spotting my apartment.

And the city itself held such a familiar buzz to it as if it was like SUPERGIRL came back to the city after saving everyone from a terrible disaster.

But, being as it is Metropolis, the one and only thing at the top of everyone's mind was SUPERMAN.

"Wow!" I couldn't help but to gawk as a bright stream of blue and red colors blurred the parkway. I could feel the rush of air fly sharply between my hair as I watched other people struggle to catch their loose belongings, caught up in his wind.

I've never EVER seen him in action in REAL LIFE. Only on the T.V. back with Kara, or videos from my phone, ranging over a million views with people too slow to speak his buzzwordit's a bird, it's a plane... , but prefer to shout "WORLD STAR" instead.

I held my breath.

Superman was what made Metropolis beautiful.❞