Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

After my time with Marcus, I found myself back in Caius' room with Alice and Bella. Bella had finally gotten over her explosion about me being the mate of three very powerful men and had promised not to stop our connection if I really wanted it. I was very grateful that she was being accepting, to an extent, but to say the frustration wasn't there would be a lie.

"Um, Alice?" I watched as Alice paused in our little board game, the pixie giving me her undivided attention. I was curious about my future and decided to ask to see if she could see anything. Alice gave a slight nod, telling me that things would work out but that was all she could see.

"Getting past your ability makes it a little hard, but I did see you being happy. And things being easier for all of us in the long run."

"You mean; they won't be as harsh? Is that why everyone is accepting?"

"Alessa," Alice sighed, reaching over to touch my hand, "in the end it is your decision. I know it sounds selfish, but as long as you are happy, we won't stop you. And if you decide you wish to leave, we will all gladly take you in and help you with the pain of separation. Besides, you seemed to enjoy Marcus' company."

I felt a blush hit my cheeks at her statement as I ducked my head. Well, Alice did answer my other question whether she knew that or not. And I had spent most of the day with Marcus, discussing random pieces of literature and allowing him to read to me. I didn't realize it was late in the evening when we were almost done reading a third book, Marcus promising to continue the story at a later date.

"He's very sweet," I played with the ends of my hair, trying to will myself to forget the other things we did while sitting on the couch. After the first kiss, Marcus continued to steal a few from me when I wasn't prepared. He said that I was adorable when I blushed and I could still feel his fingertips dancing along my arms.

"Okay," I grinned, coming to a decision, before being brought out of my thoughts when a knock came on the door. I stood up, dressed in pajamas, and opened the door. Standing there was none other than Jane and she seemed to be holding a scowl on her face like she was forced to come here.

"Is everything okay, Jane?"

"Caius requests your presence in the morning. Says to dress in something that you don't mind getting dirty," Jane spat at me, until hissing was heard over my shoulder. But she said nothing else as she huffed before stalking away quickly. I shut the door, my brows furrowing in confusion at what she said. I had thought I would be spending the day with Aro tomorrow, not Caius. Unless something came up that wasn't expected.

"Hm, odd," I muttered aloud, returning to my spot at the coffee table. I heard Alice trying to stifle a giggle but she refused to give anything away, which was very irritating. Bella seemed just as lost but Alice spoke lower than my human ears could pick up. Bella's jaw dropped before she busted out laughing at whatever Alice said. Which meant she saw something and that, to say the least, was very irritating.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Standing outside the door that I was lead too, I shuffled on my feet as I tried to bring myself to knock. I was told that Caius was inside, waiting patiently as he could for me to hurry up and arrive for our little... date, I guess you can say. But I was having difficulty even wanting to go inside. Caius was a very harsh individual and so I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Even in my t-shirt and jeans, I still felt absolutely uncomfortable.

"My lady?"

I squeaked, my heart jumping in my chest before I whirled around in fear. Standing just a few feet from me were Felix and Demetri, both wearing worried looks. And also, by their rather confused faces and darting eyes, I must have vanished again. I really hated my ability, even if I didn't mean for it to happen. Why couldn't I just control the damn thing?