Chapter 3

Preston's P.O.V (The Child of Light)

'I wonder if the other guys are stressing about what happened earlier today,' I thought to myself as i got ready for bed. Guilt was on my mind, as I started to realize that if anything was caused due to today's previous events, that it would be my fault. If I hadn't tried to get everyone to use that mod, then the weird shock wouldn't have occurred, and I don't know about anyone else but I had a strange tingling feeling run through me as the spark went off. Though, to be honest that mod was really cool, it's completely original compared to everything that we have done so far and I'm excited about the new mod run through. Soon I noticed that sun was beginning to set I rushed to room, to get my lights ready, or as I would to call them, my fairy lights. These lights weren't normal, they had the appearance of a tiny sun that fit in the palm of your hand, and I had the ability to create the orbs of light and control them, in the sense of size, brightness, and movement. But the biggest the secret that I've, surprisingly kept, is my fear of the dark, that's why I always keep my fairy lights on at night.

When I was born my mom was lucky enough to have a room that had an open window, and at the time of my birth the break of day shone though that window and right on me. That was the day I was blessed with my ability, but I never knew about it until I was 5 years old, and same goes for my fear of darkness. I used to love to run out into the woods behind my house and play with the fireflies that came out at night. Those little bugs had never ceased to amaze me, but I never thought that one day they would save my life.

-Flashback-

I told my parents I was going to the woods like I normally did before bed. While I was playing with the fireflies I began to hear a bunch of tiny voices in my head that seemed to be coming from the little bug, but because I was only five I only thought I was imagining it. We were having so much fun, until a strange man in all black reviled himself from the shadows, and said that I had to come with him and never told me a reason why. Fear over took me when back me into a tree with nowhere to run, when a miracle happened. Hundreds, no thousands or fireflies from miles came and created a protective dome around me as he began to shoot, which saved my life, but the mystery man was prepare, and as I was running away he pulled out a flamethrower and fried them to nothing but ashes. I was now left alone in the darkness, alone with a man who wants to kidnap me. Paralyzed in fear he let out an evil cackle as he approached with a sack to shove me in, told me something that has haunted me since.

"Pathetic child! Did you really think that some worthless bugs could save you? The light will never protect you, but the darkness will consume and control you. Some child of light, huh."

Terrified once falling on the ground and too scared to get up, all I was capable of doing was quivering in fear. Believing that it was the end for me, I began to hear the same voices as before, and they told me to hold my hand out in front of me and look for the light. I didn't know exactly what that meant, but I did it anyways saying how I didn't have another option. The man could have been a foot away when a small orb of light formed in front of my palm, and the more I willed it to brighter, the more it grew until it caught fire. Then a sudden boot of confidence came over me and I launched the ball of flames at the man, and got knocked back and knocked him out. Once the opportunity to run made itself present I immediately took it, and made the mad dash home. After that I never went to those woods alone and in the dark again, but I did learn how to control the lights so I was never in the dark again.

-End of Flashback-

That memory has never left me alone and returns every to me every night, but I could push it aside before going to sleep, and never thought I would be in the dark again.

Hope you have enjoyed this chapter, and looking forward to the next one. But I'm sadly school is going to start for me tomorrow so updates will be slow, but I refuse to give up on this story epically when this already has about 100 views, which I thank you for. Also the upcoming chapters will probably not have any back stories because I'm having trouble thinking of creative ideas for back stories for the other characters (the other pack members). Though if you don't mind spoilers then message me and you can give some ideas. Till next time.

-Byeeeeeeee