The one with the grumpy boss and a new secretary

Present day

Today was Caryn Richards' first potential day of working for a major business company. Her first big girl job. She had just graduated Boston College with a bachelor's degree in business analytics with a minor in communications. She was ready for the work force and hoped that working here would look great on her resume.

The previous week she had interviewed with Mr. Styles's personal assistant and secretary for a temporary fill in position as his current one was going on maternity leave for the next 9 or so months. She had thought the interview had went well with them connecting and sharing a laugh or two. So when she received the call back stating that, pending an interview with Mr. Styles himself, the job was hers if she wanted it, she was ecstatic and readily accepted.

"Welcome to H.S Realty." The blonde receptionist on the ground floor smiled politely at Caryn as she greeted her.

"Hello. I have an appointment to meet with Mr. Styles at 11 am." Caryn smiled back, trying to leave a good impression on everyone in the building. The blonde typed away at her computer before nodding and smiling back up at Caryn.

"Of course. You may go right up." Caryn thanked her and made her way towards the mirrored elevators. On the way up she double checked her appearance and straightened out her jacket and skirt. One last deep breath of encouragement and she was stepping onto Mr. Styles's floor.

Upon hearing the elevator ding Louise looked up from her desk and smiled to herself upon seeing Caryn step out.

"Ms. Richards. It's good to see you again." Lou stood to greet Caryn with a handshake.

"Hello Ms. Teasdale. Wonderful to see you again. Thank you for selecting me and for giving me this wonderful opportunity." She smiled back.

"I'm so happy you've chosen to accept this position and I hope you find this company a good fit. I figure we're just going to jump into the thick of it today and hit the ground running. I mean we went over all the little details during the interview." Lou explained.

"That's alright with me." Caryn nodded. Lou smiled happily and motioned for her to pull the extra chair she had placed behind the desk next to her.

"We're going to go over a few things before you have your meeting with Mr. Styles. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine." Lou smiled and opened her folder containing all the information that she needed to run by Caryn before sending her in with Harry.

"So just to make sure, you're okay with traveling? As Mr. Styles' personal secretary. Anywhere he goes you will go as well. You will be responsible for setting up all boardrooms before meetings and cleaning up once they are done. You will have his schedule for the day ready before he arrives. You are the first face clients see when they arrive so you always have to look professional at all times. Should you get sick you must notify Mr. Styles at the earliest possible time so he can make other arrangements. You are never, I repeat never, come to work sick. Keeping up so far?" Lou quickly listed everything that would be required of her temporary fill in.

"Yes ma'am." Caryn nodded. Truth be told she'd forgot half of what Lou said already but hoped she would pick up on everything during her week of shadowing Lou.

"Good. You will also be responsible for arranging flights, car services, hotel's, and dinner arrangements for all out of the office business meetings. Really anything that will come up while traveling you are to handle. If Mr. Styles has to handle anything himself, it will not be good. There is a reason we are here. Got it?" Again Caryn nodded. God she wished she could write stuff down.

"Alright. Well now that we've gone over everything I'll just let Mr. Styles know you're here. If you'll sit tight, he'll be right with you." Lou smiled and motioned for Caryn to stay seated as she eased out of her own chair slowly. Watching her disappear behind the door Caryn nervously fidgeted with her fingers as she waited to clear the final hurdle in her hiring process.