Chapter 8: Austin Returns

ALYA'S POV

Today's my first day back at Keaton after the um, incident. I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid.

I walk into the school just trying to find Miles, because I know I'll feel safer if he's standing my by side.

I see him standing by his locker talking to Jax, so I walk up to them. His face lights up when he sees me and he wraps his arm around me and pulls me close.

"So, you two are back together?" Jax asks with a smile.

"Yep." I nod.

I snuggle closer into Miles, and look down at the floor smiling. God, does it feel good to be back together.

In the distance I hear someone yelling, and loud footsteps.

"Where is she?!" The voice yells.

Oh no. I know that voice. Austin.

I can see that Miles does too, since the happiness that was once on his face has been replaced with a glare.

We don't have enough time to think about what to do, because it's not much later that Austin comes marching around the corner with a dead look in his eyes.

"There you are you little skank!" He yells.

"Excuse me?" Miles asks.

Austin looks pretty amused at this point.

"Oh really? You're back together with this whore? Gosh, you really dropped your standards." Austin says, smirking.

I hate him so much.

"I'm gonna need you to shut your damn mouth, before I make you." Miles says.

I'm a little worried now. I love that Miles is sticking up for me, but I don't want anyone else to get hurt. So, I step in. I push Miles aside, and despite his confused look I walk in front of him.

"I'm not your whore, or your skank, or whatever you think I am. I'm done with you, and if you don't leave me alone, I will have to contact authorities. I don't really think you want to go to jail for a second time, do you?" I ask.

Austin's smirk instantly drops, and his face now plasters a worried expression. I guess that was one of the only perks of dating Austin. I have lots of blackmail now.

"Fine. I give up. But you better not tell anyone else about that, or I will gladly accept going to jail for beating your pretty little face in." He says, and storms off.

"Well I guess that's solved for now." I say.

I look at Miles and he's smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask, confused.

"There's still one more thing that needs to be solved." He responds.

"What?" I reply.

"We need to figure out what we're going to do on our date tonight, girlfriend." He says with a wink.

A/N

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to update yesterday, and that it was a short chapter ): This story is probably going to have one more chapter, and then an epilogue. I really appreciate all the support that I've gotten, especially because I never thought this story was even going to surpass 50 views, yet it's almost at 300! Thank you all so much! Also, on September 12th Backstage is gonna start airing on Disney Channel again for episodes 15-30, so that's something to look forward too (: