Chapter One

•Flashback• Third person P.O.V•

Karlee stood with her boyfriend, Ethan, at her friend, Will's funeral. She didn't want to be here, she wish this funeral wasn't even happening. But it is, and she has to be here. Not only because they were friends but for her other friend as well.

Having her boyfriend here was also one of the last things she wanted. They've been having trouble for a while, mostly because she's hiding the texts and calls from the killer from him.

Karlee slapped her boyfriend's hand off her thigh for the fifth time in the last minute. She finally had enough and stood up and walked away from the casket that they were fixing to bury and into the tent.

"Why'd you leave?" Ethan asked her, then a smirk appeared, "you want to start business here?"

"Stop Ethan! You promised that you wouldn't do this any more. I'm not just a sex toy, you can't sleep with me whenever you want and then throw me away until you want sex again." She snapped at him but quite enough to not disrupt the funeral.

But what they didn't know is a curious guy was standing outside the tent listening to them. The dude might've came here for Kieran but something about Karlee had him intrigued, he wanted to know her.

"What about Will, uh? You slept with him!" Karlee flinched when he yelled, hoping no one could hear him.

"We slept together once! I was drunk, it didn't mean anything. I didn't even know who it was. Before you bring up Jake, we dated for a long time." Karlee defended herself.

"What about Noah?" Her boyfriend snapped,

"We just kissed, he's still a virgin, Ethan!" Karlee continued defending herself and her friends.

"I never realized how much of a whore you actually are." He snapped then left the tent, not even seeing the dude outside.

Karlee sighed and sat down on one of the chairs inside the tent. She never planned on missing Will's funeral, she didn't exactly want to come anyway though. She didn't even hear when someone came in.

"Are you okay?" Someone who was unfamiliar to Karlee asked. Karlee snapped her head up. Seeing someone who wasn't ugly and was kind of attractive, not that she would ever admit that.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I just needed to catch a breathe. What're you doing in here?" She asked the strange and attractive dude that was now sitting beside her.

"Oh, I needed to get away for a few minutes." He told her, something about this guy made her curious. She wanted to know him, what they didn't know is that the feeling was mutual.

"I should, probably get back out there." She stated standing up, "but thank you for asking about me." She gave him a soft smile before walking out of the tent, not knowing that he was watching her with a small smile himself.

He was glad he came here to talk to Kieran, he never imagined that he would meet someone like her.

Flashback Over• Karlee's P.O.V•

I groaned as I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock, today we are having a  welcome home party for Emma. I don't want to go, honestly. But

she's my friend and I need to be there for her. My not wanting to get out of bed attitude ended because my phone had to start ringing.

'Hey Noah,' I answered my phone, I threw the covers off myself and headed downstairs into the kitchen.

'Hey, are you coming to Emma's party tonight?' He asked me, I nodded then remembered he couldn't see me.