Chapter Four

Karlee's P.O.V

"So you're gonna kill Luke?" Audrey asked you with an amused look.

Before I could reply Kieran and Eli walked up to us. "This is my cousin, Eli. Feel free to ignore him." Kieran told Noah and Audrey. I rolled my eyes.

"You need to learn to be nice to your cousin." I told Kieran.

"Says the one who wants to kill her brother." Kieran said with a smug look.

"You are such an idiot." I stated with an eye roll.

"Anyway, this is Audrey and Noah." Kieran introduced the two to Eli.

"Hey, man. First day, huh?" Noah asked him.

"School is school." Eli responded to Noah.

"Sure, except in this school people get killed by knife-wielding maniacs every 20 years, give or take." Noah told him.

"If you haven't noticed, Noah has a sort of obsession with psychotic stuff like that." I informed Eli who just nodded at what I had said.

Before anything else could be said Brooke came over and grabbed Audrey and I. She started pulling us towards the bathroom. "Excuse me! Girls-only moment." She said as she whisked us away.

"So, out of nowhere, Brandon hits me up this morning. Yeah. He said he just 'heard' Jake and I broke up." Brooke told us.

"Whoa! How did he hear that?" Emma asked,

"Barely anyone knew you two were together." I added onto Emma's question.

"What is it with men from the past mysteriously showing up?" Audrey asked randomly. Brooke and I gave her a confused look not knowing what she was talking about.

"Wait, what does that mean?" Brooke asked

"Emma's deadbeat dad resurfaced too." Audrey told Brooke.

Not standing it any more I sighed, "okay, I'm leaving. You all can feel me in later." I told them then walked out of the bathroom.

***

I walked into the Grindhouse because I needed a schedule.

"Can I get a copy of the schedule for next week? For me and Emma? Thanks." I told her she nodded and went to go get them.

"She looked at me like I was crazy, too." I heard Eli tell me as he walks up to stand beside me. "I got a black eye. Iced coffee, two shots of expresso."

"I would literally never sleep again." I told him with a small smile.

"Right?" He asked "uh, so, earlier, the punching comment I made during the conversation with Emma..." he trailed off "sorry, if that was..."

I interrupted him, "No, it's fine." I told him, "also thank you for what you done during English... you kind of saved my life."

"It was no problem." He told me.

"Here. Also tell Emma her dad left her a message." The worker told me handing me the schedules and the folded rectangle piece of paper.

"Maybe you can let Emma and her dad know that cell phones exist and this is not an answering service." The worker said harshly and walked away.

"Okay." I mumbled looking down at the note.

"Anticipation builds. What is the message to Emma from her dad?" Eli asked.

"Yeah, I would like to know myself." I told him, "but I obviously can't read it... I can't betray my friends trust like that."

"Everyone needs a friend like you, Karlee." Eli stated.

"Thank you." I gave him a smile, "I should get this to Emma, I'll see you later."

We said our goodbyes and I left.

***********************

A/N:
Sorry for the short chapter but here is the rest of Episode three!