Chapter Three

*Karlee's P.O.V*

"Luke, I am going to kill you!" I yelled to him, He literally threw a bucket of cold water on me to get me up for breakfast. Now, I have to sleep on the couch tonight.

I found him at the kitchen table laughing as he fixed his plate, my parents turned around and seen I was dripping wet. "Luke, why did you do this to your sister?" mom asked him, he shrugged and started eating.

"Honey, calm down. I done this to my siblings when I was his age to." Dad said directing towards me and mom. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs and got changed for school, skipping the shower since I basically got one. I curled my brown hair, done my makeup and put my outfit on. After that I finally went downstairs and joined my family for breakfast.

"You two should get going if you want to make it on time." Dad and Mom told us, we nodded. I grabbed my bag and keys then left. Luke was right behind me.

I walked into the school to see Kieran and Eli, I'm guessing Kieran was waiting for Emma. I walked up to him, "Emma's having breakfast with her dad, she'll be here soon. But, Kieran, I want to try to make a friendship out of this for Emma's sake. I mean, with her dad back and all. I think we should try, for her." I told him.

He nodded agreeing, "You're right." He told me, I smiled.

"Friends?" I asked him holding out my hand. He nodded and shook my hand, "I'll see you two later."

***

Kieran and I had just told Emma that we are friends, she was so happy that we made a friendship. Then she started talking about her dad.

"When I seen him, I felt like I wanted to cry. Then I felt really angry." Emma told Kieran, I was standing beside Emma and Eli was leaning against the wall.

"It's probably natural, right?" Kieran asked her, "It's a lot of history there."

"I don't know, I think when Audrey got all gloom it just messed with my head." Emma stated leaning against the wall. "I think somethings up with her."

"Audrey is Audrey." I told her confused on what she was talking about. Have I not been paying close enough attention.

"You think your dad will stick around?" Kieran asked his girlfriend, I checked my phone to see a text from Ethan. I rolled my eyes and turned my phone off.

"I don't know." Emma replied shaking her head a bit

"If you haven't realize, he doesn't have the most reliable track record." I informed Kieran who looked at me and nodded getting what I meant.

"My dad left us when I was little," Eli started while taking his headphones off and placing them around his neck. "If he showed up now, I'd probably punch him in the teeth."

Kieran turned around when he mentioned punching his dad in the teeth, "Hey, fight club, not cool." Kieran told him, he made a facial expression like he understood.

"You were listening to all that?" Emma asked him shocked that he was actually hearing what she had been saying.

"No, no." He said quickly looking at me who had my eyebrows raised.

"Eli and his dad have a complicated relationship." Kieran informed Emma and I, "and Eli's crazy."

"I get that," I mumbled, Eli looked over at me with a questionable look.

"I totally wanted to hit my dad when I seen him, I mean I know I was little but you can't forget it." Emma told Eli,

"That doesn't sound like you." Kieran told her while I nodded in agreement.