2: Drew

Word Count: 2,068

It had been a long time since I've found someone genuinely attractive.

Someone that made my heart pound.

Someone that made a knot form in the pit of my stomach.

Someone that made me curl up my toes in my shoes.

That someone just walked into Lola's.

I wasn't sure who this man was but he wasn't even looking at me but he was causing me to feel all of these emotions that were swirling around me like a twister.

Leah was right though. The group that trickled in after him was large. They were all very beautiful and seemed to carry themselves with high esteem. They walked in like they owned the place.

I shook my head and placed a smile back on my face. They all approached the counter but hung back a bit to let the main member of their group come forward.

"Welcome to Lola's. How may I help you?" I hoped that my voice had come out as steady as I wanted. I didn't even know this man but he was causing me to feel like a lovesick fool.

I awaited his response but his focus was glued above my head. I suppose he was reading over the menu but for some strange reason, I had the strong urge to have him look at me.

5 minutes later, he still hadn't decided. I didn't mind much though. I took the time to study his intense facial features.

His narrow eyes were trained intensely on the board above my head. His pupils were dark, darker than mine. They seemed to be dark, empty pits. There was no emotion in them, no matter how hard I looked. His eyes were however framed by the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a man. They softened his features a bit and gave him the slight appearance of being innocent.  His nose was sharp and fit his other facial features well although it was slightly crooked.

I wonder how that happened?

His lips were fixed into what I believed to be a permanent frown.

Finally he glanced down at me.

I could've sworn I heard his breath hitch and something quickly appear in his eyes. However as soon as it appeared it was gone and his face instantly returned back to its static nature.

I licked my lips as they had suddenly become dry. I saw briefly that his eyes flicked to my lips for a moment before returning to mine.

"Have you decided what you wanted?" I asked hesitantly.

"No." His voice was rough as if he hadn't used it in days. The one simple word made sharp tingles run up my spine. His eyes were boring into mine as if he was trying to find out my deepest secrets. I matched his gaze to see what I could discover. My mother always said that the eyes were the window to the soul but his eyes revealed nothing. Nothing at all.

Tired with our staring match, I decided to speak up again. "Are you going to order anything?"

"No." This man was slowly infuriating me. What was the purpose of coming into a café if you're not going to order anything?

Before I could catch myself, I found myself speaking my thoughts, "Is there something wrong with your eyes?"

His eyebrows quirked up, "Is there something wrong with yours as well? You've been staring at me since the moment I walked in this door."

I scoffed. "I'd never give someone like you the time of day." With every passing moment, I found myself loathing this man in front of me with every word he spoke.