9: Stranger

Word Count: 1,240

The airport was bustling, much more active than what I imagined. People were rushing about trying to get to their many different destinations. Kyros had dropped us off at the entrance to the airport and had quickly disappeared. Maybe he really was sticking to his word.

Looking at everyone rushing about gave me a headache, so I turned my head and began trying to find where I needed to go to check in.

The line for where I needed to go was impossibly long. Taking my place at the end of the line, I pulled out my phone and instantly went to Instagram. Scrolling through my feed wasn't helping with my boredom and line was moving at a snail's pace.

Suddenly my phone resonated with a very loud 'ding' startling me and causing me to almost drop it. My antics caused a few fellow passengers to look at me, some trying to hide their laugh with their hand.

Opening the message, I was baffled to see that it was Kyros.

How the hell did he get his number in my phone? And why the hell is there a heart next to his name?

Kyros ❤️: Why are you in line?

I took a moment to look around at my surroundings. How did he know I was in line? I couldn't even begin to pick out individual people, the sheer amount of people in here was immense. Looking back at my phone, I responded back.

Are you stalking me?

Kyros ❤️: More like observing from a distance.

Same difference.

Kyros ❤️: The guy behind you is intently staring at our conversation.

I raised my eyebrow and inconspicuously turned my head just in time to see the guy Kyros was talking about, turn away.

Weird.

About an hour later, I had gotten my ticket, got checked at TSA and was seated waiting for our plane to be called for boarding. In midst of scrolling on Instagram, someone had sat next to me. I wasn't going to pay much attention to it until they spoke.

"Excuse me."

I turned my attention to the extremely thick British voice and my eyes instantly widened. It was as if someone had created my dream man and placed him on Earth just for me. His dark blonde hair was slicked back lazily in such a style that it seemed like it only worked for him. His piercing blue eyes were trained on me and didn't dilate when he saw me. I mentally cheered in my mind. Either he was human or my heat was over. I hoped both were true.

When I realized he was still waiting for my answer, I tilted my head and turned my attention to him. "Yes?"

"I don't mean to bother you, but do you happen to have a charger? For a phone I mean. It seems I've lost mine in the shuffle. I'd greatly appreciate it." His mouth turned into a wide smile as he awaited my answer. He was definitely attractive.

I nod my head a little too fast. "Of course. You have an iPhone?"

He nodded. "Yeah, a 7"

"Perfect, just making sure." I take a moment to reach into my bag and pull out my charger, placing it in his hand. He plugged it into the outlet that was connected to the chair and smiled when he heard the familiar charging sound.

He turned to face me again. "Thank you, you're a lifesaver. I was at 5%. If you don't mind me asking, where are you headed?"

I smiled and faced him. "Miami and you?"

His smiled seemed to widen tremendously. "I am as well. It's my first time being in America, but I suppose you could tell from my accent yeah?" He chuckled slightly and then proceeded to hold out his hand. "I'm Liam by the way."

I shook his awaiting hand shortly. "Evathia, but I prefer Eva. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He took my hand and brought it up to his lips where he kissed the back of it briefly. "The pleasure is all mine."

I couldn't help the blush that crawled up my neck.

He looked at my blushing self and chuckled. "Did I make you uncomfortable?"

I quickly shook my head. "No no! I mean. No..it was fine."

He chuckled again and picked up his phone. "What's your reason for going to Miami?"

I bit my lip and pondered on what I should tell him. I couldn't say I was trying to get away from mythical beasts. He would surely think I was crazy. "Just on a short vacation. Nothing too serious."

As he was about to reply, his phone went off and he quickly answered it. He gave me a sheepish look and chatted with whoever was on the line for a long while. I had given up on trying to wait and was feverishly searching Instagram again.

Finally, after an hour, I was seated on my window seat on the plane. I was looking out the window at all the people waiting to get on the plane when I was startled by a voice. "Well well well, isn't this a coincidence."

I turned my head to see Liam shoving his bag up into the overhead storage. Did he have the seat next to me? I got my answer when he swiftly sat down in the seat next to me.

He turned and grinned at me. "I think the universe is trying to tell us something."

I laughed softly. "Maybe."

My phone dinged, reminding me that I needed to put it in airplane mode. I looked at the incoming text.

Kyros ❤️: Something came up back home. I'll be there in a few days. Be safe.

For some reason, I was a little disappointed. Shaking my head and putting my phone on airplane mode, I tucked it away and turned my attention back to Liam.

"Was that your boyfriend?" He asked while shoving his phone in his pocket and looking at me intently.

My eyebrows furrow together. What was he talking about?

"Boyfriend..? I wasn't aware I had one." I look at him quizzically.

He shakes his head and that alluring smile graces his lips once more. "Sorry, I'm being nosy. What's the first thing you're gonna do when you get there?"

I pondered his question for a moment. I wasn't exactly sure what my plan was when I got there.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no clue...I suppose just walk around. See the beach and things like that."

His smile widened and he turned his full body towards me. "This might be a little forward but..do you think we could explore Miami..together? I mean it would beat being by ourselves right?"

Exploring a sunny Miami with a hot human British guy? This surely had to be some kind of setup. "You're serious?"

He nodded his head rapidly. "Dead serious. Why not? I would really love to get to know you better Eva." He was staring intently into my eyes and I knew he was serious.

I nodded my head and let a smile take over my face. "I'd love that Liam. It'll be fun."

For some reason, I felt really happy about having someone that I could possibly get to know over time. Maybe coming to Miami was the best idea.