Bath Time

Scene 6

▪▪▪▪

I was thrown back into the cell with Thorin.

"Hėlla, what did he say?" Thorin questioned, helping me up.

"He... ah. He knew my... parents." I stood and at Thorin. "That's it."

Thorin had a strange look on his face. "He knew your parents. That's all he wanted."

I nodded. "Yeah. I didn't know about that. Thranduil called me a pretty like thing." I turned my gaze to the hard floor. "But that's it."

Thorin trailed his rough finger across my chin and lifted my gaze up to him. "Don't worry about him." His words were smooth. Then Thorin laid his lips on mine.

"Thorin. If we make it to the mountain and if we defeat the dragon can you promise me that we'll be together? No matter what. That means you can't die on me." Tears formed in my eyes.

Thorin sat next to me and put his arm around me. "I'll not to. And when this is all over, you can have whatever you want. We can get married, start a family. As long as we are together, I'll be happy."

I laid my head on him and smiled. I soon fell asleep but was woken up by Bofur.

"I'll wager the sun is on the rise." He depressingly said. "Must be nearly dawn."

"We're never gonna reach the mountain, are we?" Another dwarf said.

Suddenly, Bilbo Baggins popped around a corner. "Not stuck in here, you're not." He jingled keys and unlocked the doors.

Everyone was so excited to see him. They were being loud about it until Bilbo told them to be quiet. When he unlocked the door Thorin and I were behind, I attacked him in a hug.

"Thank you so much, Bilbo!!" I breathed.

At first, he was confused about what to do. Then he finally gave in and hugged me back. "You're welcome Hėlla."

I then let go of him, so he could unlock the rest of the dwarves. Bildo lead the way. He makes us go down instead of up. Bilbo leads us down to the cellars where two drunken Elves slept. The others were complaining about what Bilbo was doing. He then loud us the climb into empty barrels. They didn't like that. Dwalin told Bilbo he was mad. Bilbo looked at Thorin for help. Thorin told the others to do as Bilbo says. That's when Thorin picked me up and put me into a barrel. Bofur asked what we were to do. Bilbo replied with "hold your breath." Suddenly the barrels we were in started to roll sideways. Everyone was shouting while I laughed. We all fell into the water and floated, but Thorin stopped us to wait for Bilbo.

Rushing out of the cellar caves, my hands were in the air as we flowed down the river and over the mini waterfalls. There was a blow of a horn and the gates to leave the elven lands were closed. Thorin yelled as we were stuck at the closed gates. Orc then attacked the Elves that were standing guard. All of us had to fight the Orcs as they fell into the water. Somehow others got weapons and threw them to each other. Kili jumped out of his barrel to open the gates, but he slowed by an arrow that shot him in the leg. He fell down before he could pull the lever. An Orc came around the corner to him but was shot by an Elven arrow. Kili got to his feet and pulled the lever, barely making it back to the water. I knew it was a wrong time, but I shouted in fun from the fall of the waterfall. Arrows flew at us as the Orcs followed us. I saw Bilbo, not in a barrel, so I grabbed onto him for dear life. I wasn't going to let the Hobbit die. The fun waterfalls soon turned into rough waters. Which made it hard to stay above the water. I lost track of Thorin, but at least I had Bilbo. The Elves were following us, killing the Orcs. Since the waters were very unsafe, I pulled Bilbo into my barrel. He tried saying thanks, but the rush of the waters was too loud. We finally left the Elven lands. We soon lost the Orcs due to the fast running waters. When we came to a calm break, we decided to go to shore. I pushed Bilbo out of the barrel, so I could go to Thorin.