The Beginning of the End Part 1

Scene 11

▪▪▪▪

Balin was the one who came and got me. He explained how Smaug burned Lake-town and how he died. The others were searching for the Arkenstone.

"Now Hėlla, the Thorin out there is not the one we knew. The sickness upon the gold has gotten to him." Balin told me with a soft tone.

I placed my hand on his arm. "I know. That is why I'm not telling him about the baby. If there's a baby."

Balin chuckled.

"What?" I questioned, confused.

"There's a baby. I know you'll make a wonderful mother. This whole time Thorin has worried about while worrying about the Arkenstone. You have made your way into his heart." Balin told me as we entered the room full of gold.

"Well, that might have changed," I whispered to Balin. I looked over and saw Thorin. "Thorin!" I shouted, running to him.

"Hėlla, there you are." He grinned, welcoming me in a hug. "Welcome to the treasure hoard of Thror."

I patted his chest. "I'm gonna go with Balin."

Thorin had few Dwarves searching for the stone, while Balin and I went to a room and sat at the table.

"I'm don't know what to do, Balin. Thorin is going crazy over gold and I'm with child." I complained.

"Don't worry Dearie. Things will get better." He assures me.

I shook my head. "I don't know."

A little while later, I went to check on Thorin. He was pacing back and forward while they looked for the stone.

"Hey, Dorzada," I shouted at him. "You should take a break."

Thorin looked at me. His eyes weren't soft. "No!" He hissed. "We have to find that stone. No one will rest until it is found."

"Including me?"

"You can sit out. You are a girl. Girls are made to sit at home, cook, and have children. So go cook something." Thorin ordered me.

"What if I was with child and you were the father? Would that change your mind about the stone?" I questioned in a hesitant voice.

"I would not care." His voice was deep and rough like Smaug.

I blink a tear from my eye and quickly went back to Balin. Where Kili, Fili, and others had returned.

"Bofur!" I smiled and hugged him.

He was such a nice Dwarf. He always was my favorite.

"Well, hello there." He said, hugging me back.

"You made it!" I smiled and bit my lip.

He nodded. I hugged Kili, Fili, and Oin for making it safely to the mountain.

Balin had me stay away from Thorin for a while. He was afraid the seeing him the way he was would be bad for me. That was until we all ever called to the gate. Thorin made the others rebuild a wall to keep out the people from Lake-town. He had me sit by his side. Kili dropped the stone he was carrying.

"The people of Lake-town have nothing. They have lost everything." Kili shouts, trying to get through to his uncle.

"Do not tell me what they have lost. I know well enough of their hardship. Those who have lived through dragon fire should rejoice. They have much to be grateful for." Thorin replied.

I left his side and went over to Bilbo. The others worked all night on the wall. It was sad to watch.

▪▪▪▪