The Case

It was just another day. Well night actually. It was 2 am and this wasn't the first time we got called in this late. Garcia texted us saying we had a new case. With her being her enthusiastic self of course she texted us all saying, "Avengers assemble." So, we all go into the bullpen to get our new case. Oh and by "we" I mean my team mates. There's the lovely Penelope Garcia. The mastermind hacker. She is FAR too sweet for this world. Next is Jennifer Jareau aka JJ. She is basically everyone's mom. It's actually crazy. Then there is the team leader, Aaron Hotchner but everyone calls him Hotch. A fine man I tell you(he's fine both ways). He hays an amazing little boy named Jack who, sadly, lost his mother due to his fathers job. Hotch's best friend is David Rossi. He is the most elite man I know. Plus he's Italian so that's self-explanatory. Now we have the young genius, Spencer Reid. He knows everything. I don't know his mind works and I'm not sure I want to know. Now MY best friends are a womanizer Derek Morgan and a woman with many secrets, Emily Prentiss. As we all slowly and tiredly fill the conference room with coffees as murmurs of "good morning," we sit down to case folders. Just like a normal day. When we all sit down, Garcia starts talking. "Sorry to wake my crimefighters up so late. Or would it be so early? Because technically it's a new day so that would be morning but it's dark and we usually call that night." Garcia getting sidetracked is the norm. Hotch clears his throat and calls her name. "Garcia," he says in his deep voice. Suddenly, she snaps back to reality. "Oh! Yes. So, this evening we are called into Lawrence, Kansas. Two people were killed a 34 year old white, blonde female and a 31 year old white,blonde female." I cringed at where we were called into. Memories flooded back to me and I started to zone out just as Garcia did earlier. And apparently I'm not the best at hiding my emotions because it was obvious Morgan saw my jaw tighten. When Hotch said his usual line to dismiss us of "wheels up in 30," I wanted to run for the door, but I didn't. Well, I couldn't. As soon as I stood up Morgan stepped in front of me. He grabbed my arm, not hard enough to hurt me but hard enough for me to notice as not run. "What was that?," he asked me."What was what? I don't know what you-" but he cut me off. "I profile killers and I can certain profile someone I see everyday. Something hit you when you heard where we were going. What was it? That's all I wanna know." I didn't know how reliable my voice was but I spoke anyway. "I was five when it happened. There is a reason why I'm a profiler instead of a hunter. I knew the risks there were. My dad took me out of the fire. And it was a terrible fire. I think about it all the time and the things I should've done but were too scared to do. My brother, Dean, was supposed to get me out but he was busy getting Sammy was only a baby." When I looked him in the eyes instead of at the floor, you could tell how confused he was. He had no clue about my past. No one did. Garcia tried to find something, anything, but it's as if I don't exist. I tried explaining it simpler, "My mother died in a house fire. My father got me out but my brother was supposed to. I grew up pretty much on my own. He was too busy with my brothers. Don't get me wrong he came over occanially but one day just......stopped. I soon found out and tried running away from it. Hunting and my past. I came here and made a living." Morgan just stood there shocked but I walked away, head down and tears slowly forming in my eyes.