The giver: Epilogue *

This was a project I had to do for school, in the seventh grade to be exact. And back then I wasn't too sure of my writing, can't say I am now and decided not to turn this in and wrote a simple thing instead, which I regret now. I then posted this on wattpad and left in on for a couple of years looking back at this I decided to give it a fix and leave it up here for old times sake haha so bear with me here its not the best but its not the worst okay. well I hope you enjoy :) I'll mark the edited chapters with a * 

Also, check out another epligoue for the giver here: http://www.wattpad.com/54145156-the-giver-epilogue-chapter-23

 ========

âGabe, can you hear that?â Jonas asked knowing he wouldn't get a reply.

He ran, well pretty much wobbled with the baby towards where he thought the music was coming from. But like everything else around him, it was empty.

Jonas kept on walking ignoring the little voice in his head telling him to go back. He knew he couldn't now once he knew this when he first made the desicion to escape for obvious reasons.

âHey!âsomeone said from behind him but he kept on walking.

âSTOP!â someone cried again and this time Jonas turned around and to his suprise there was a boy there. He looked to be about 1 or 2 years older than him with shaggy black hair that covered some of his illuminating emerald eyes.

He covered Gabe's head with his hand and looked at the boy with distrust, he looked totally different from the people of his town. His clothes had holes in them but he looked warm and friendly, yet he couldn't take the risk and walked over to him with guarded eyes.

"Who are you?" The boy said looking at Jonas

Jonas looked at him skeptically âJonas and this is Gabe.â he said pointing to the baby.

âI'm Xavior " The boy said.

âYou look cold, come with me you won't last any longer in this weatherâ he continued.

Jonas didn't know if to feel relived someone had found him or afraid of what was to happen next, the boys generosity was unfamiliar to him but either way he decided to follow him, it was either that or freeze to death. 

It was a long walk, but after some time they stopped seeing snow and color started to appear. Flowers of all different types, roses, tulips, dandelions of all colors, all of this unfamiliar to Jonas. 

âWow, this is amazingâJonas whispered to Gabe and Xavier heard him.

âYou don't have these back where you came from?â he asked Jonas and he shook his head.

âHuh, that's weird, We have millions of these here. You can pick one if you want.â he said.

Jonas did just that, he grabbed a dandelion and gave it to Gabe who giggled.

âWhere do you come fromâ he asked Jonas.

Jonas didn't know if to tell him or to keep quiet., but his desicion wa scut short when an ederly women showed up.

âXavier,where have you been?!â the lady asked then noticed the young boy carrying the baby.

Seeing them dirty and alone preocuppied her,"Nevermind that, Xavier go fetch clean clothes for these poor children!" 

She grabbed Jonas' hand and led him into a house and a long corridor, "Here honey, there's a bathroom wash up, and I'll take care of the baby" She told him and grabbed Gabe.

Jonas was exhausted and needed the nice shower so he gave Gabe to the women. 

After the shower he dressed in the clothes Xavier had given him to find that they were as colorful as the flowers outiside. They fit him just right, and he couldn't help but feel happy, yet he missed his family terribly.

He went back through the ocrridor he came thorugh and found the women feeding Gabe and Xavier sittng down next to her.

ââI'm Jonas and that's Gabeâ he said politely, once he sat down,"Thanks for the clothes and the shower" He added.

âwell Jonas come on in, we're about to have dinner.â she said to him smiling.

âHey ma, what's fo' dinnerâ said a girl who had Xavier's same hair color and illuminating emerald eyes.

They looked exactly alike. Twins, he guessed as the Giver had told him once.

âoH, Hey I didn't notice you there, I'm Lexi.â she said and looked at Jonas with a big smile, not at all shocked to find a starnger in the kitchen,

âNice to meet you, I'm Jonas and this is Gabe.â he said once again too polite, and this politness raised interest.

âWe're eating pizzaâ the elder said answering Lexi's question.

Xavier, and Lexi both sat down and waited to be served.

âSo tell us about yourself?â the elder asked Jonas.

âwell ms-â

âCall me Mollyâshe interrupted.

â Molly, I come from the society across the river-â and before he could continue Xavier's fork fell and Lexi stopped eating.

âHow did you escape?â Xavier asked

âDon't be rude, Xavier, please continue Jonas.â Molly said.

âIs it really as bad as they say?â Lexi asked.

âwell..uhh..â Jonas didn't know how to explain what happens back at home.

The he got an idea.

These people could help him.

Help him and his society.

âI need your help?â he said bluntly and Lexi looked at him.

âIn getting back home?â Xavier asked.

âNo its much different and complicatedâ Jonas said.

âI'll go heat up some more milk for the baby, then we'll go to the couch and you'll explain everythingâ Molly said.

Xavier and Lexi finished their Pizza and went to the couch where Jonas was waiting with a sleeping Gabe.

âHere you go, Dear.â Molly said handing him a bottle with milk.

Jonas fed the baby once more and explained everything.

How his society worked, how everything is the same, everything the Giver taught him.When he was done he saw Xavier smirk.

âI've got a planâ he said.

âAlright go to bed and we'll talk in the morning, i'm exhausted.â Molly said and they all got up from the couch.

âI'll show you to the guestroom,Jonasâ Lexi said.

He followed her up the stairs and into a tiny room with two beds.

âyou can put Gabe in this oneâ she said pointing to the smaller bed.

âthanksâ he said smiling.

âgood nightâ she said and left.

He didn't put Gabe in the small bed though, he held him all night as he dreamt about his society, the giver, and his family.