The giver: Epilogue *

The next morning Jonas was awaken by the crying of Gabe, he was hungry. He carried Gabe downstairs and there sat Molly.

“Hello dear, you sleep well?” she asked.

Jonas nodded “Very well thanks.” he said smiling.

“is the baby hungry?” she asked, and stood up to prepare him a bottle. 

Everything was much diffrent here than Jonas had ever expirienced it. 

“Mornin'” Xavier said as he entered the room.

“hey ma', Jonas” Lexi said from behind Xavier.

They all sat down in the table as the night before and ate their breakfast in silenece.

It was Xavier who started to talk first.

“So I been thinkin' about everything you told us, Jonas, I  think I have an idea.” he said after drinking his morning coffee.

“Well I'll leave you kids to it, Jonas let me take the baby out of your hands” Molly said and left with Gabe to do the daily chores.

“Alright, so you said that when you came here they were looking for you?” Lexi asked.

Jonas nodded “yeah, they were” he replied.

“so let them find you-” Xavier was interrupted by Lexi “No then they'll kill him.”

“right, so how do we find our way across the river without freezing to death?” Xavier asked.

“we could take Mr. Johnson's plane...” Lexi suggested.

“yes we can, but then what?” Jonas asked

They had the first part of the plan but were now stuck.

“we could threaten the officials to tell people the truth?” Lexi suggested.

“Nah, that wouldn't work either, just imagine 3 teens going to people who have been running the soceity for decades telling them to stop. They'll send us back from where we came or worse they could kill us.”Xavier said.

“what if we march in with a bunch of people from here, adults from here wanting to help us?” Jonas suggested.

“that could work, but first we need to ask Mr. Johnson to lend us his plane then we need to find people who are willing to help us.” Lexi said.

“But when we get there with all these people what will we do?” Xavier asked.

“we could tell the people the truth..? Lexi suggested

“will they listen?” Xavier asked Jonas.

“Maybe if i speakthey will, you know since i left, and i was the next reciever.” Jonas said.

“alright, lets go.” Xavier said getting up.