01

Aaliyah's POV

After everything that happened the past weekend, I got a new apartment. Symone was against it but I couldn't be anywhere near August after what he did even if he's barely there. Alex, Symone and Trey helped me move in and I avoided August as much as I could. 

It was the weekend again and Alex and Trey decide to take me out to the club to help clear my head. I need to "drown my sorrows" even though I wasn't a fan of hard liquor but by my third drink, I slowly started to forget everything.

I'm not a big fan of clubs or going out for that matter. I rather stay in and read a book or watch reruns of Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory and etc with a glass of wine. I realize my life isn't exactly exciting but its good enough for me. I hang with Symone and Alex when I'm not working or going to my classes. I've only been serious with one guy and that didn't end too well. I mainly got with him because of my mother, but that a topic I rather not get into. 

The club is dark with neon light shining everywhere. I'm a little sweaty from Alex forcing me to dance with her but I had fun so I won't complain. I went to the bathroom quickly and when I returned I notice Symone and Alex were back at the table talking, Alex with an angry look on her face while Symone wore a frown. 

"What happened?" I question taking a seat around the small table next to Symone.

"August is here."

Fuck. Wait, maybe this could be a good thing.

"Can we leave?" 

"Don't let him ruin your night Liyah. We're having fun and if you stay I'll buy you another drink." Alex reasons

"Fine. I sighed as she yelled at the bartender to get us more drinks.

I sat at the table scanning through the crowd until I found Symone and Alex. Symone is surprisingly dancing with a cute white boy while Alex was dancing her ass of with a tall dark skin. I'm definitely going to ask Symone about this tomorrow. 

I decided against getting up to dance again and took my phone out to check my messages when I felt someone standing behind me. I figure it was a random guy or Alex but when I turned around I came face to face with the devil himself. 

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. He look even more beautiful than I remember. His sculpted jawline and his now growing hair. He wore a white shirt with a black bomber jacket and black distressed jeans. 

Why does he have to be so beautiful?

"Are you hiding from me love?" He questions wetting his plump lips.

I glance for at the crowd to see Alex staring at us. She nodded her head with smirk.

"What would give you that idea?" I question tilting my head

"Well from the party I haven't seen much of you and then I found out you moved" He says taking a sip from the red cup in his hand. 

"I just wanted a place of my own." 

"I see." He nodded with a unreadable expression.  "Do you want to dance?" He asks seductively slow.

"I don't dance." 

"Don't lie love." He says leaning closer to my ear. " I saw you earlier." His cool breath sending shivers down my spine.

I glance around looking for Alex but she was dancing with the same guy from earlier. Crap. What should I do? I'm having a hard time composing myself because his very presence angered me. I weighed my options for a few seconds before going along with Alex's idea. I wonder how long he'll be able to keep this up. I definitely will enjoy beating him at his own game and maybe having a little fun along the way. 

"What do you say about that dance?" 

"I'd love to." 

______________________________

Thoughts?