04

Aaliyah's POV

I took a deep breath, closing  my door. He actually tried to kiss me... what the hell? The worst part was, I didn't move away until he lips were about to touch mine. After doing everything trick Alex told me, I was sure I had him right where I wanted, but then he goes and try to kiss me. I need to not forgot the main reason I'm doing this. I'm a freaking bet!

Alex told me to make sure I call her as soon as I got home, so I sent her and Symone a text then head to the shower. I put on a over-sized shirt and a pair of black shorts. 

I stood in my kitchen harboring all the junk food and wine could find, waiting for them to arrive. I heard the doorknob jiggling then pounding on the door. I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't realize what was happening until I heard someone screaming my name. 

"Aaliyah!"

"I'm coming." I yell back rushing to open the door.

"You start locking your door now." She says eyeing my suspiciously 

"Well I don't want to get robbed,now do I." I say sarcastically and Symone laughs

"Whatever. Spill and don't leave anything out." She says taking the bottle of Moet pouring into the glasses I had out. 

"Before we get to me, Symone who was that boy you were grinding on at the club?" I question arching my eyebrow

"Care to explain." Alex smirks taking a sip of her champagne. 

"I was just having fun." She shrugs

"What does Trey think about you 'having fun' with another man?" I ask

"Tell us about August and I'll fill you guys in later." She says taking up her glass

"Fine." I sighed

"Did you do everything I told you?" Alex asked 

"Yes." 

"And?" She edges on

"I think it worked... no I'm definitely sure." I smile softly as I remembered the look on his face as I worked my magic. I still can't believe I was capable of doing that.

She squeals. "I told you it would work, no man straight man can resist that." 

"You guys are unbelievable." Symone laughs

"I didn't forget about you Symone. Spill." Alex says getting serious

"Nothing happened." She says avoiding our eyes

"Tell me you didn't sleep with him." I ask worried 

"What?" She asks offended

"Well stop beating around the bush and we'll stop assuming." 

"No, I didn't sleep with him. We just hung out... at his place."

"Jesus Christ Symone."

"Alex."

"My bad, but aren't you with Trey?"

"No... I don't know. Things are complicated."

This is so unlike Symone. She's the only one of us who actually has everything together and she's been with Trey for sometime now. Maybe they're growing apart... I can't say but she seems really smitten at the moment. 

"How is he?" I ask curiously

"He's very charming." She smiles sweetly causing Alex to laugh 

"I need to meet him." Alex says "What did August do?"

"He's eyes got really big and said 'holy shit'." I say and they laugh hysterically

"And you had the nerve to doubt me." She says after recovering 

"What else happened?" Symone ask

"He almost kissed me?

They gasp. "What?"

"What do you mean almost?" 

"I was caught up but I pushed him away." 

"It's only the first date, he's really trying to win this bet." Symone shook her head

"He is, which means you have to step your game up and don't get caught up this time." Alex says putting emphasis on certain words.

"I know." I mumble

"I'm serious Liyah. You need to realize your only a bet to him, no matter what he says or do and even how good he's looking, it doesn't change how fuck up he is." 

I know she's trying to protect me, but it still hurts.

_________________________