02

Aaliyah's POV

He grabs my hand leading my to the dance floor with the crowd of people drunkenly dancing with random people. His hand leaves mine resting it on my hip pulling me into him. Our chests collides which forces me to look up at his eyes that's hidden behind his shades. My heart rate speed up and my body heats up. What's happening? He's eliciting me with simple actions. He grins when he notice my body composure. I hope he can't see how much he's affecting me.

We broke eye contact when my back made contact with his chest and I slowly started moving my hips. He begins to move along with me his hands sneaking pass my hips.

While dancing, I stumbled in my heels but before I can fall he grips onto my waist pulling me into his body softly. I'm embarrassed, but thankful he didn't say anything but wear a small grin.

"Do you still think I'm lying?" I said in his ear

I inhale one last bit of his scent. He smells delicious.

"You're doing just fine." He's says deeply. Has his voice always been this seductive? I figure it's all apart of his game. Also something I must always keep in mind.

"I saw the way you were moving earlier and I had a hard time keeping my eyes off you."

I'm sure he use this line very often. 

"Thanks." I mumbled 

"I am surprised to see you here." 

"Why's that?" I asks looking up at him

"I didn't take you for a club-type of girl." He says his eyes hidden by his shades but I could tell his eyes were roaming my body.

"Well you don't know me that well." I wanted to say so much more but I settled with that

"My apologizes. I shouldn't have assumed." He says and I nodded my lips forming in a thin line.

"I'm glad I showed up tonight or someone else would've snatched you up."

I'm sure it was a coincidence that he showed up here tonight, I thought mentally rolling my eyes.

I bring my lips closer to his ear and say, " I'm very hard to catch."

A few songs later and we're both sweating and my head was starting to spin. I didn't wan to stop because I haven't felt this good in a long time, but August had other ideas. He grabs my hand pulling me through the crowd of people to the bar. I glance around for Alex and Symone but they weren't in sight.

"What do you want to drink?" he asks. I didn't know if I should accept it or not. I was told never to accept drinks from people, but would August sink to that level... to drug me... to win the bet?

I'm close enough to see if he'll add something but if he'll make me apart of a bet... what won't he do?

I decided against it and told him I'll just have water. I was still careful, so I watched him until the water was put in my hand. 

"Where exactly did you move to?" He asks me

"Not too far from here." Why does he care? "Why... are you planning on stalking me?" I ask bringing the glass of water to my mouth

"I wouldn't have to stalk you if you went out with me." He says smoothly leaning closer 

I raised my eyebrow, "Are you asking me out?"

"Why so surprised?" He ask showing his pearly whites

"Well from we met I thought you hated me and now here you are? I shrugged

"I guess something changed." He grins

I bet.

"Well there's a place I've always wanted to try- Le Bernardin?" It's very luxurious restaurant located on the Upper East Side. 

I wanted to see how far he'll go just for this bet.

"I've been there, it's nice." He says unaffected by my choice of restaurant. "Can I pick you up tomorrow night?"

Damn. I know that restaurant his expensive which is why I chose... why did he have to go along? If anything I'll get a good dinner and I definitely need to step my game up.

"Is eight o'clock okay?"

"Perfect time." He says with a cocky grin. I looked away because I can only hold my tongue for so long. I took another glance around to see Alex but her back was turned to me.

"Can I have your address?" 

I went to grab a napkin but I realize I didn't have a pen so he asked for my number instead. "I'll call you so you have my number then you can text me your address."

His confidence never fails to surprise me.

"I should get back to my friends... um I'll see you tomorrow." 

"I'm looking forward to it." He chuckles lightly

I'm looking forward to our date tomorrow, it should be very interesting.

_____________________________

I changed the setting of the story because I don't know much about Louisiana, so it now takes place in New York City. 

Thoughts?