Tell me Your Story

Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been like...forever lol. A lot going on right now with my Grandma, so I'm busy with her and work, and Michael. We found a house back in Missouri! It's cute, I like it, but miss Wichita...... Hopefully one day we'll go back.

Alrighty, enough about me! Let's get back to Emma!!!

The Daily Life of Emma Preston

Tell me Your Story

I could faintly hear people talking, but couldn't concentrate on what they were actually saying. Something about no one being permitted to come into my room without my lawyer present. I don't have a lawyer, so their refusal was ridiculous. I couldn't even afford one! I wounder how good those public defenders were. 

I opened my eyes, from yet another small nap, and sighed. I was still in the hospital. Why couldn't  they just let me go to jail already? I was handcuffed to the bed as it was, but it felt like the inevitable was taking forever to come.

I've been in the hospital for about six hours now, and still have yet to be released. Although the doctor said my passing out was only caused by stress, they still won't let me leave.

I also hadn't heard from Jerry. Last time I saw him, he was about to kill the detective. He was probably sitting behind bars right now for assaulting him. 

There was a knock on the door, and the doctor came in.

"Miss Preston," Dr. Trilley addressed me. He was an elderly man with greying hair. Dr. Trilley was kind to me though. Even though I was in a butt load of trouble, he still treated me with respect and didn't treat me like a criminal.

For that, I was grateful.

"You're free to go. I just need you to sign your release papers." 

"Free to go? Aren't I going to jail?" I asked him. 

"I'm not sure. I'm just your doctor. The state though wanted me to run a few additional tests, which came back clean. Sorry it took so long." Dr. Tilley handed me a clipboard and a pen. "Just sign where the X is please."

I signed my name, and handed the clipboard back. Was I going to jail yet? I just wanted this whole situation over with.

"Hope you get to feeling better, and good luck." The doctor said with a kind smile on his face. 

"Thank you," I replied sitting up in my hospital bed.

Once the doctor had left the room, the guard outside my room came in and uncuffed my right wrist from  the sides of the bed. "I'll be back in to check to see you're dressed in ten minutes. I'm not leaving from outside your door though." He said the last part like a challenge for me to try and run.

Like I would do that. I'm already caught, why make it worse for myself by evading police?

The police officer left my room, closing my door behind him. I sighed, and scooted off the bed to retrieve my bag of clothes.

Dressing numbly, I sat back on my bed and awaited for the cops return. 

This was it. I'm going to jail now. For how long? Who knows. I just wanted it all to be over with.

After about fifteen minutes, the guard still hadn't returned. 

Where is he?

I got off the bed, and walked to the door. I opened it slowly, not wanting them to think I was starting to run or anything.