Hanging By a Moment

Okay, so this is a short chapter. Kinda a filler chapter, sorry. I have a new story out! It's called Subterfuge, should read it... yep... go now! :D The link for it is in the external link on this chapter!!!

Please vote and comment!!!

The Daily Life of Emma Preston

Hanging By a Moment (There's actually a video up with this chapter!!!) The photo is of the ring!!!

I stared at the ring. The sparkly oval set center stage with two rows of smaller diamonds going all the way around the band. It was breathtakingly beautiful. A ring I would have picked out myself. I knew there was some type of significance with a ring like the one Jerry held up to me, but I couldn't place it.

Why would he get me a ring like this? Shouldn't we talk about what happened last night? I couldn't believe it was just last night that it seemed my world came crushing down. 

And on top of the arrest, the amazing; yet extremely different, things Jerry did to me. He hadn't been lying about punishing me.

"Emma," I heard Jerry say to me. I looked up at him. His face was serious, hot, and completely vulnerable. "Will you? Will you marry me? I promise I'll do whatever I can to keep you happy. I love you so much Emily, and I need you. I need you in ways that don't just steam from our sex life. I need to feel you next to me to sleep at night. I need you to keep being the one I come home to after a hard days work. I need you. Will you, please, marry me Emily Preston?"

Tears started to form in my eyes. Every word was the truth, and echoed in my own soul. I needed Jerry just like he needed me. I couldn't think of being away for one day without him. He is my soul mate. That one in six million.

"Yes." I breathed to him. I felt weak, yet exhilarated. In this one moment, everything was perfect. I saw everything clearly. The feeling of overwhelming happiness exploded inside me, nearly knocking me out of my seat.

Jerry must have felt it too, because quickly he was hugging me in a bone crushing hug. It didn't hurt surprisingly, and I tried hugging back just as tight.

Jerry kissed my hair in various spots, trailing down to my lips, and whispered how much he loved me in between each one. He was effectively making me melt. When he finally reached my lips, he said, "Mrs. Hemson."

Emily Hemson.

It sounded so alien. So weird. Yet it was so different from anything I'd ever heard, and I liked it a lot.

I kissed Jerry with everything I had in me. I didn't want this feeling I had to go away. Was it wrong to be so happy in one moment?

"Let me take you home," Jerry said when I came up for air. I nodded my head, already unable to control any action that wasn't willing to give Jerry whatever he wanted. Jerry took my hand and lead me out of the restaurant.

As I sat in the car speeding home, I looked down at the ring on my left hand. It fit perfectly, and looked great against my skin. The ring it's was stunning, and I would be proud to wear it anywhere I was. I would want everyone to know I was taken.

"Do you like it?" Jerry asked as we stopped at a red light.

"I love it, Jerry. Really." I said and leaned over to give him a kiss.

Jerry pushed me back before things got out of control in public again. Sitting back in my seat normally, I caught sight of his eyes. I had never seen them the shade they are now. The outside rim was a light blue, while the middle was bright green. Jerry's eyes had always been a turn on for me, but the way his eyes looked in this one moment took my breath away again.