Part 2

Chapter One

Secret #1: Being a bodyguard or an agent isn't that big of a deal, but when things leak out, it can be a really messy topic... especially if it might cost someone their life.  I don't want that to happen, so I keep quite about it.

--

"Your next mission is to be a bodyguard."

"You want me to do what?" Agent Monique Chang asked in a rather unnecessarily loud voice, accidentally slamming her hands down hard on the table in front of her.  On her face was a look of pure shock as her hands curled into two tight fists.  No damn it, she will not risk her life to become babysitters of two royal brats.

Breath girl... killing yourself by suffocation is not a good idea right now. She reminded herself, noticing how lightheaded she was becoming.  Sucking in a deep breath, Monique added as she glared at the two adults in front of her, "Well?"

"Agent Chang, once again, we want you two be the bodyguard of the two twin princes of Royslin.  Oh and they are not royal brats." Maria Turekey, the director of the Royal Protection Program or RPP as it was most commonly called, replied back calmly.  She was not at all surprised by the young woman's actions.  She too had almost the same reaction when the Queen personally told her.

Oops, did I accidentally say that aloud?  Hehe, well at least I didn't get told off that badly.

"But..." Monique started to say, a sheepish look had entered her face, but her father, Ambassador Wayne Chang gently interrupted as he held his hand up for silence.  The girl's sorry looked disappeared and she grumbled slightly but did as she was told to.

"Darling please, Queen Josephine, herself has chosen you for this position." He said, his voice quiet and firm, but anyone could hear the pleading tone it in.  Wayne Chang wasn't one for pleading with anyone, but he knew how stubborn his daughter was and since this job was actually very important, he was willing to do it.

As a very important Ambassador for the tiny country of Royslin, just off the coast of Italy, Wayne's job was to make sure that his daughter accepted the job as the bodyguard of the two princes. 

"But why me?" Monique inquired sharply, "Her Royal Majesty could have picked from thousands of older and more capable agents, who could have been all from the RPP or from the other departments.  I am inexperienced and most expected to fail."

And most likely to fail... She added miserably to herself.  It was true, she only most recently got promoted to full time leader of her Unit and she had to work twice as hard all last year to be given that spot.  But she had to admit that at the same time, she had been given the spot as Head of the Junior Agents.  Monique quickly focused her attention back onto the Director when she started speaking again. 

"That is because His Royal Highnesses are about your age and you are the most capable of all of the other agents from any of the departments.  You know 5 other different languages besides English, 3 types of self-defense; you also have a broad knowledge of almost every topic in school as well as around the world.  The list can go on, if you want me to continue." Maria explained rather smugly.  She, Maria Turnkey, was very proud of her Agents in general, but she was especially proud of Monique Chang.  The female Director had watched her grow from a young child to a blooming young adult, tracking her every progress.  Monique had been excelling all of the training courses since she came in to the agency. 

Speaking of the girl, Monique was still rather stubborn on her part and pushed on.  "You could have asked Jasper Helmholtz.  He's as good as me and perhaps even better.  Also isn't a male better suited for this body guarding job, instead of a female?" She reasoned questioningly.