Chapter Thirteen

© Monica Chung 2013

Chapter Thirteen

Meanwhile in the food court, Rion and Monique had finally managed to lose Tony and Roger for quite some time and were now sitting down for a quick lunch after shopping in a few stores.  Around them were a small amount of bags.  Evidently, Monique was not as avid of a shopper.

“What are you hungry for?” Rion asked with a bright smile, staring at all of the selection of food in the food court.

Monique giggled at the childish gleam in the boy’s eyes as she watched him stare.  Rion was like a kid in a candy store.  “I’m alright with anything really.  What kind of fast food chain is there at Royslin?”

“Not as much as what you have here.” Rion replied sheepishly, “Come on, let’s get pizza!”  He quickly dragged the girl over to the pizza line.  Coming to a stop, the boy realized what he had done and hurriedly dropped Monique’s hand as he muttered, “Sorry.”

The girl chuckled but didn’t comment on it. 

Soon the pair had their food and was contently eating when they spotted Tony as well as Roger coming towards them.

“There you two are.” Roger growled, plopping down next to Monique, “I dare you leave me with this madman?  I swear he almost drove me crazy with wanting to go into all of the electronic stores.” 

Tony shrugged as he snagged a piece of Monique’s s pizza and took a bite out of it.  “I thought you liked electronics.”  He commented mildly with a playful grin.

“Sure a few stores here and there, not the entire freaking mall.”  Roger groaned, “I’m pooped.”

Rion snorted softly as he ate his own slices of pizza.  “You’re pooped?  Goodness Roger, who uses that word these days?”

“Apparently, that man does.”  Monique and Tony chorused together.

“Shut up you two.” Roger sighed and then asked, “Can I have a slice of your pizza?”

“Sure why not?  I mean, Tony as stolen one already.  Giving you a piece won’t hurt.  I’ll just be left with one less piece in my personal pan and starve.” Monique said in a slightly sarcastic way.

"Hush you, I’ll just buy you something else.” Roger grinned and snagged one of the last two pieces.  The girl huffed but didn’t protest.

Moments later, Taylor and Percy showed up with their horde of bags.  Everyone took a look at them and groaned.

"It's mostly all hers." Percy quickly defended himself as he pointed a finger at the girl next to him.

“What?” Taylor muttered stubbornly, “I’m a girl and I like to shop.”

Monique laughed and said sweetly, “But you didn’t have to go and rob the mall, sweetie.”

“Shove off Chang.”  The blond girl snorted, playfully flicking the raven-haired girl off.

“Ouch Partanov, that hurt.”  Monique replied, clutching her heart.  Everyone then laughed at the two’s bantering.

When the laughter died off, Monique stood up and said, “Be right back, bathroom break.”  She then walked off. 

On the way back, she bumped into someone, causing her to stumble back a few steps.

“Sorry,” The girl apologized as she looked up into familiar looking hazel eyes.  Her face automatically turned hard as she continued,  “Never mind, I take that back.”