Chapter Twenty-Five

©Monica Chung 2014

Chapter Twenty-Five

Secret #25: Ha-ha, you've all thought that I must have died huh?  Sorry to disappoint all of you. At first I thought so too, that I was gone, but I'm very glad that I didn't.  I'm not ready to die yet, and I have far too much that I want to accomplish before I go.  For example, I still need to as well as want to, to say a little something to someone….

--

Still swimming in a cloud of sedatives, Monique slowly woke up from her period of unconsciousness.  Her first initial thought was as she listened to her surroundings, "if this is what life after death is, it isn't all that bad." 

However as she listened more closely to the soft murmurs as well as a constant hum, which seem to be coming from a machine nearby, the young woman realized that she was lying on a bed in the hospital.

Not wanting to open her eyes yet, Monique continued to feint unconsciousness.  Beside her, she heard a soft voice say, "Why isn't she waking up yet?"  It sounded a lot like Rion.  Her heart pounded slightly faster at his voice.  As it did that, a sudden twinge of pain caused her to remember why she was there at the hospital in the first place.

"Rion," Roger could be heard sighing, "Monique has been shot.  Even thought the bullet missed her heart by a few inches.  I don't expect her to wake up anytime soon.  Give it a few more days."

Thankfully Taylor added, "Don't worry Rion.  She'll wake up soon.  I think I saw her heart rate accelerate a bit faster as well, just a few seconds before.  Not to mention the fact that she looks so much better from before."

As she heard that, Monique couldn't wait anymore.  She opened her eyes and said, "I feel a lot better too, as well."

A loud squeal came from her left, and before the young woman could even turn and react to the sound, she was attacked by a flying mass of flesh.  Being squeezed very tightly by Taylor, Monique suddenly felt lightheaded again.  Tapping a hand on her friend's arm, she wheezed, "Taye hun, I can't breath."

"Oops, sorry." Taylor murmured guiltily and let the other woman go.  Straightening up again, Monique drew in a deep breath, but then let out a hiss, as another sharp jab of pain shot through her body.

"Easy there." A voice said by the window of the room, and she turned to see whom it was that had talked.  Jasper grinned at her and added, "Hey there.  My don't you looked haggard."

Monique grinned back at the blonde man and shook her head, remembering the other time he had said the same thing to her.

"I don't think I can say the same thing I said last time thought, Jaz." The raven-haired woman replied cheekily.

Jasper snorted and said, "That's because the fault wasn't mine, this time."  However as he said that, a somber look came across his face, and he cast a gentle look towards the young man that was standing, a far away as he could, from Monique.

"Rion…" Monique started to say, but was cut off by him.

"Don't…" Rion mumbled sullenly, "I don't want to hear you say that it wasn't my fault.  For in all truth, it was.  Perhaps it wasn't solely my fault, but I had a share to it.  If Rotiolina hadn't wanted to kill me and Percy, then no one in this room would be hurt and bandaged up."

At the words bandaged up, Monique looked around the room and survived the group in front of her.  Indeed everyone, besides Percy, had been covered in bandages on at least one or more parts of their bodies.  Tony's right arm had been wrapped up and put in a splint.  The crown of Roger's head was slightly covered.  Jasper's face looked very bruised like someone had managed to hit him hard in the face with something.  Lastly, both Taylor's wrist and ankles were patched up and put in braces, as well.