Chapter Sixteen

©Monica Chung 2014

Chapter Sixteen

Secret #16: The shampoo that was placed in one of the guest bathroom was placed there for a reason.  It’s the one that Roger would always use.  When Jasper came out of the bathroom smelling like that, it really hit me hard on how much I have already missed him.

--

Trudging down the stairs, Monique suddenly felt that her heart was much more lighter than before.  It seems that at least the thing between her and Rion was at least a lot better than it had been a few hours ago.  But it still stung her a bit to know that things were still very awkward between them.

Coming to a stop in front of her very large flat screen TV in the living room with Rion behind her, the young woman heard Jasper and Tony talking in the kitchen in low hushed voices.  Curious in what the two of them were talking about, Monique made a motion for her companion to start looking for a movie and then slowly began to creep towards the kitchen.

Most unfortunately for her, both of her friends were trained to have super good hearing and so when she got close enough to hear, they had already stopped talking.  Monique let out an audible sigh and straightened up with a slight smile on her face.

“Hello boys.” She said cheerfully, “What are you two up to?”

Tony spoke first and replied, “Nothing Monii, we were just discussing what kind of toppings we were going to put on the pizza.”

Monique made a slight face, but countered, as she went a long with the story, “Well you could have also consulted with us too, you know, in stead of whispering about it.”

“Sorry about that.” Jasper said with a grin, “We’ll ask next time.  So have you and Rion found a movie yet?”

“Nope not yet, I just want to talk to Jasper about something before hand.”  The raven-haired woman confessed with a smile, “Hey Tony, why don’t you go and help Rion instead.  Just don’t pick out any horror movies.  If you do, I’ll castrate you, okay?”

“Uh, sure.  Go ahead and slowly talk then, you two.  I’ll be outside.”  Tony agreed hesitantly, shoot the other boy a look before heading out of the kitchen.

Jasper shook his head and leaned comfortably against the kitchen counter before facing Monique.  “Okay, so what is it that you want to talk to me about Monique?” He asked with another smile.

“Well, first of all,” Monique replied, sitting down on a chair, facing the blonde boy, “I want to ask you why you always call me by my full given name instead of using my nickname like the others.” 

“Oh that’s because, Monique is a beautiful name and it’s a shame to shorten it.” Jasper murmured softly, giving the girl in front of him a playful wink.  “Is that all you want to ask or talk to me about?”

Blushing slightly, Monique nodded her head and then said, “Yeah, I just want to thank you properly for comforting me, when no others could.  I also want to thank you for helping me get rid of Justin too.”

The blonde just laughed and replied, “You are most welcome Monique.  There is really no need to thank me.  We are friends right?”  A nod was received from the girl as Jasper continued, “And friends help each other out.”

“I guess that’s correct.” Monique agreed with a nod of her head, “But it feels like I own you twice already, in a short span of time, not to mention all of the work you have already helped me in, with compiling all of the notes and stuff on this mission.”