the third

dear toni,

my dear, do you remember our first date?  i'm not sure if you remember, given that you left our years behind like it was just a week for you, but i recall it as if it was just yesterday.

you were such a sweetheart. you wouldn't stop apologising for coming later than me, meeting me 5 minutes later than the arranged time outside my flat. you had a nice car, and a nice watch on, but it was your beautiful blue eyes that kept flashing like armaments in my eyes.

the waiter kept hitting on me, and i remember your laugh even now. you were laughing at the audacity, yet also the fact that i hadn't noticed the entire time. i must have been too into you to even realise the others present in the restaurant.

you told me i was the prettiest woman you've ever met in your entire 22 years, and i had asked you if you told all your dates the same thing. you smiled and laughed, replying with that contagious dry humour. 'as if i would be dumb enough to go on a date with anyone that isn't you.'

you had taken the longer route back to my apartment. i had noticed, but declined to comment on it. i found it sweet that you were trying to find little ways to spend more time with me. i remember how our fingers mingled with one another over the gearstick, taking you by surprise at my sudden boldness.

you had climbed the stairs to my second floor flat and waited nervously at the door, before dropping a kiss to my cheek. i remember the winning smile on both of our faces, too shy to give in to what was obvious yet too excited at the prospect of it.

i watched from the window as you walked back to your car, and you turned to wave at me from outside.

i remember it all, but I don't think you do. because how else could you let something so precious, so ours, go down the drain.

love,

from munich

—-

this is a niceeeeee change from the other f1 book. this is already better received and i'm so happy about that.

author